Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this question in a different area. But this may be the better location. I'm looking for some help.

I picked up a 795 the other day. I am a Marlin fan and I own a number of them. One of my favourite .22's is my Marlin Model 60. But if you're driving along a logging road in Northern BC (Which BTW you can hunt on) and you see a grouse, or anything else in season you can ethically hunt with a .22, by the time you get your model 60 loaded it may be too late (It is unlawful to have a loaded firearm in a vehicle in Canada). So I picked up a model 795, thinking it would be as reliable and accurate as my model 60 with the benefit of being able to insert a magazine quickly should the need arise.

I took my 795 out to the range today to sight it in and after only 10 rounds or so the trigger went dead. I've already thrown the box away, thinking I wouldn't need to send a new gun in for warranty work after 10 rounds and I'd just rather fix it myself anyway. Any suggestions as to the cause and remedy?

Thanks

NWC

·
Registered
672 Posts
There is not a whole lot going on in there, take it apart and study it, You know who tube videos and learn it and ask all the questions you need to get you there. Just about anything it could be is way less than the shipping and hassle. And I bet you care a whole lot more for your new rifle than the ( ) banging it around and stuffing it back in the box.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hold the rifle upside down, and cycle the action. If the trigger resets, then the disconnector spring has come loose.

Reactions: fossil
1 - 5 of 5 Posts