Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
NASCAR has serious problems. I feel they have ruined the sport. Just turned it on a minute ago for the preface stuff. Micheal Waltrip and the monster girls seem to be the face of nascar now, Pathetic......I might watch the end of race. When Jr. Earnhart goes nascar will follow.

·
Registered
658 Posts
What was up with the music they were playing when the racers walked down the runway thing. I always associate that music with conan the barbarian movie. S.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It has definately gone to PC. Drivers can't give an honest post crash interview without fear of reprecussions. Gone are the races of the late 80's and early 90's
That bring said Hamlin is gonna take it with at least 2 speeding penalties.

·
Registered
705 Posts
NASCAR has become "politically correct" . TOO many rules. Just let them race and let the cards fall where they may.

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
I am a fan of GT racing on open road courses. Watching left hand turns for 500 miles? No way.
One quesrion for anyone watching, "how many confederate flags are flying?" Hopefully, many.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I used to race dirt track back in the day and I followed the Winston Cup when Richard Petty, Bobby Allison, and Cale Yarborough were still on top of their game. The cars used to look like showroom Chevys and Fords but the sport has changed so much since then that I really don't care to watch it anymore.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Richard Petty summed up Danica Patrick's racing ability in the following statement. "She could win if she was the only car on the track"!
The sole reason she's out there is she's the only female NASCAR driver. With her performance to date; if she was a male she would have been cut by now. In these politically correct times that hasn't happened. So she will continue to "compete" for best finisher in the back half of the NASCAR pack of drivers with the rookies and no names.
Jim

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Richard Petty summed up Danica Patrick's racing ability in the following statement. "She could win if she was the only car on the track"!
The sole reason she's out there is she's the only female NASCAR driver. With her performance to date; if she was a male she would have been cut by now. In these politically correct times that hasn't happened. So she will continue to "compete" for best finisher in the back half of the NASCAR pack of drivers with the rookies and no names.
Jim
You may not have heard, but she is out. She ran her last race for Stewart-Haas last week-end. She says that she will be running just the Daytona 500 only next year, but so far no body knows for who. After that, she is supposed to be out at Nascar for good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts