Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see from their advertisement, which I couldn't read(in Italian) that Pederosli is advertising a remake of the Win Model 71 in 444? Any body seen one these? Any idea on price? Availability? I hope somebody tests that version.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. But holy geez no wonder I like my Marlins so well! Too rich for my blood--but hey it doesn't hurt to dream a little.

·
Registered
603 Posts
That is one purdy gun..one of my favorite rifles to boot

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
Certainly a beautiful Win. copy. But it's being made with a 1 in 38" twist. why not the 1 in 20" twist.

T ??? NY

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
I appreciate the link, purty rifle but I like my Marlins. Good thing because I can barely aford them let alone the Pedersoli.... I'm a strong believer that Marlin is a working mans rifle which works out great for me. Purty rifle though. 8)

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Dang! That's a good looker for sure. I too, am suprised that it is not in 1:20 twist.

·
Super Moderator
7,957 Posts
Nice, but I doubt that it has a 19" barrel.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
and the retail price for this beauty is ?
Isn't there an old saying that states "if you need to ask....then you can't afford it??" lol

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
The only reason why I would maybe not buy a Davide Pederosoli 444 is that it has a 1 in 38" twist and a top ejector. I think it's aimed at the Cowboy shooters. As far as the price well the 444XLR is up to $860 or more MSRP how much more can a DP 444 be. I get a kick out of some of my friends. They own a 1/2 dozen broken down rifles that they bought in gun shows and garage sales for $200 to $350 instead of buying a new one when Marlin was Marlin and Remington was Remington for another $100 or $200 more.

T ;D NY

·
Registered
492 Posts
Fine looking rifle, and whats wrong with 1-38. I sure like mine and it shoots heavy enough bullets to kick me stupid and drops moose like a howitzer.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
"kick me stupid" -- I love it! I agree. Forget about dropping T-Rex in his tracks at 1000 yards...how much abuse can I take and still call it fun?!

My old 444S with a spicy charge of H4198 behind a Hdy 265 gr. FN Interlock bullet doesn't quite rise to the level of "kick me stupid" and it gets the job done in the field. That's a Win-Win in my book. 8)

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
Nothing wrong with a 1 in 38" twist my 444S has it. Point is anything a 1 in 38" twist can do a 1 in 20" can do and more. So in a new just marketed rifle I would think that a 1 in 20" twist would be in order. As I said I think the Davide Pederosoli 444 are aimed at the Cowboy market not the hunter.

T :eek: NY

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
The Pederosoli is nice, but, I wouldnt give up a Marlin for one. ;D Personal opinion here: if you are looking for a reasonably priced lever gun that is easy to maintain, and has the strength needed to shoot modern loads, is accurate, and reliable, I just dont think that anything out there can compare to a Marlin.......regardless of price!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts