Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ANNA it was all in all a good night. I went down to the crick yesterday mornin and took a bath and shaved. That cold water sure was refreshin. I took yours and other peoples advice and decided to fix Becky a gormay meal right here at my house. I went out yesterday afternoon and got a nice fat groundhog and put him in the oven to bake. When he was about done I put in some of them silver dollar sized red taters with the skins still on'em and some cut up onions. I had the Boones Farm Strawberry Swizzle coolin on ice. I made some homemade cornbread and and fried okra and then baked up a big ole peach cobbler for dessert. Becky come over about 6:30. I had candles on the table and a big bunch of red roses layed across Becky's plate. I poured us both a big glass of Boones Farm. She thanked me for the roses as I was gettin the meal on the table. She gave the blessin and then I told her to dig in. She really liked the meal and said it was one of the best tastin roast groundhog she ever had. I had Smokey Robinson playing softly on the stereo and I held her as we done some slo-dancin to ole Smokey and Don Williams. I asked her if she would like to take a little walk out among the moon and stars and she said that sounded like a fine idea. We got our jackets on and I put my 6 cell flashlight inside my coat in case we needed it. We took a walk up to Lookout Point and set down and talked. It was a purty night with all the stars out and a half moon. I held her close and snuck a kiss several times and she said she kinda liked that. It was such a wonderful night we stayed there till midnight and then she said she oughta be gettin back so she could get back home so her Pa wouldn't get mad. On the way back to the house I told her I wanted to swing back by my still just to check on everything so we headed that way. Well we was easin along being real quite and when we started gettin close we heard some noise. We eased on over to a big ole holler Beech tree and I got out my 12ga shotgun I kept hid in there. I told Becky to stay there an I eased on down toward my still. All I could see was a big old shadow moven around so I quitely cocked my double barrel and drew a bead on that shadow. I jumped up and hollared stop and hit him with the flashlight beam. It was Big Mortie. Well he took off runnin and I let him get out about 40 or 50 yards and Ka-boom, a big ole ball of fire rolled out the barrel. I heard Mortie let out a big scream and then he started whoopin and hollerin and callin me all kins of bad names. That old rock salt was a doin its job cause I never seen anybody run that fast. I went back to where I left Becky and she was a laughin so hard she was about to cry. Said she had been on several dates before but never as good as this one had been. We headed back to the house and as she started to get in her pick-up she gave me a big hug and a kiss and said she had a wonderful time and that we oughta get together again and I said I would love to. I told her I would see her in church Sunday and call her on the phone and she said that would be good. Even my old 3 legged dog took a liken to Becky and thats good cause he don't take a likin to very many people. ANNA-what I would like to know is am I rushin into things too fast cents I am still on the rebound? :wink:

·
Registered
670 Posts
:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Nightrain, sounds like Big Mortie helped add a little excitement to your date with Becky; that might be hard to beat as far as entertainment goes! For those of you who don't know Big Mortie, you have missed quite a fellar'! It doesn't sound like you're rushin' things to me...sounds like you and Becky had a very nice evening and enjoyed each other's company. Just go with the flow right now and see how things go. :wink:

Anna

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Nightrain,
My wife has a cousin, named Becky, who lives in Indiana. If you just let her take the lead for awhile you'll be O.K., besides females like to think their in-charge. If things go right and it's the right Becky, I may get to meet your three legged dog at the wedding.
Besides you still owe me a Snowsnake recipe :lol: :wink: :lol:

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Train ifun I wasun u Ida be keping and I out for Mrs. Mortie,don't let her set on uns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts