Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt Dardas turned 65 recently and retired. Website shut down. The business was for sale,but I don't know if he ever found a buyer. It's too bad,Dardas bullets were very accurate and reasonably priced. Customer service was excellent. Dardas was one of the few places you could order cast bullets in an oversize diameter to fit your firearm, specifically .432" or .433" to fit our .44 Mag 1894's, and .454" or .455" for our old .45 Colt pistols.

Wishing Matt well,I'm hoping he enjoys retirement. Most of us certainly do.

Rob

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Missouri Cast Bullets will do custom sizing,I spoke with them on the phone,but you've got to order at least 1000 bullets to get your size. Missouri cast shoot very well. My 1894SS has a huge groove-to-groove measurement. She needs fat slugs, and I'm down to my last 800 Dardas 200 grainers.

Rob

·
Registered
28,916 Posts
Missouri Cast Bullets will do custom sizing,I spoke with them on the phone,but you've got to order at least 1000 bullets to get your size. Missouri cast shoot very well. My 1894SS has a huge groove-to-groove measurement. She needs fat slugs, and I'm down to my last 800 Dardas 200 grainers.

Rob
Ive used both Dardas and Missouri. great products.

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
I have known and dealt with a few bullet casters in my day, and dealing with lead just breaks a man down. I remember one guy I bought from in Louisiana who was closing up shop, when I asked him why he just chuckled and said it had aged him twenty years in five, and constantly scouting new sources for scrap lead was too many miles and too tiresome when he did find it. Running a bullet foundry is work for a youngster, it might build great muscle but it also wears hard on your joints. When he was closing things down, that feller in Louisiana sent me everything he had left in .432" diameter, and charged me almost nothing just to get it out the door. I still have a few thousand of them left! :bandit:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I've bought a bunch of his bullets over the years; he made an excellent product. While I'm sad to see him shut down his business, I sincerely hope he enjoys his retirement. He's a great guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.