Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won 2nd place at the shoot out today, and the 1st place only beat me by 1 point!!!! :x
but i was using a stock out of the box RIA 45, mil spec sights, the targets were at 25yds, 6 shots for a possible 60......i did the 53, as much as i wanted it....the force was NOT with me today!
it was with someone HALF my age, and with the BATF...which HE can shoot all day long for free with all that ammo availible, and a Sig (i think) $600 gun!........YES! I am whinning.............. :cry:

dang it! well....maybe NEXT year! :wink:

just thought i would tell........ :oops:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The Jedi Master would say: "Contemplating the dark side, you were! :D Mashing not the trigger you will next time!" :wink:

Not really - the Feds don't shoot for free... they get PAID to shoot! In effect you were competing against a subsidized shooter who most likely burned up over 500 rounds in practice the day before the shoot. Actually, there should have been separate classes for LEOs and civilians. Ah, well - every shoot adds bend to the learning curve!! SW

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Doh! Darn it Kaintuck, I was sure counting on you winning that new gun!
Look at the bright side though, you did better than last year, and close to beating a paid shooter!

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Kaintuck,

Hey, I'd say that is pretty darn good!!!!! I'd sure be holding my head up high if I shot that good, especially with a .45. What caliber was the guy shooting that beat you? Probably 9mm or .40S&W. Less recoil than your .45 more than likely.

That's good shooting!

Geoff

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shootin ........

GEOF.....yup, it was a 9mm.....

thanks fellows, i feel like i held my own, but the prize had me a slobbering at the mouth :lol:
i even tried to bribe one of the officers' wives that was there, seems she is about 19 and might have shook up those young guys if i could of just got her to kinda hang out at the firing line in her bathing suit..... :shock:

but she wouldn't do it..SOME friend!.....well.....i'll just hjave to try again next year.... :roll:

maybe if i use a RIA in 38super...hummm.....they have one down at the pawn shop.....ONLY $489.00!........ :idea:

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
If she had hung out in her swim suit, you'd have come in last place! :D :wink: Good thing you couldn't convince her to help!

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Congratulations there Kaintuck! 2nd place up against a proffesional shootist is nothing to be ashamed of. :D

If it'd been me, I'd have used my Vaquero in 44-40 (That's if they wouldn't allow my 1894). I'm still not convinced that those new fangled auto-loaders are all that trustworthy. Heck, they don't even build 'em in the good calibers like 44-40, 38-40, 32-20, 25-20 or even 45 Colt! :wink:

Willy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts