Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
With the prices up the way they are some good stuff may come up for sale. If there is something a bit rare that comes up you had best jump on it and not worry about price too much. I'm not a collector but there are some that do interest me. My most recent was a 336 CB in .30-30 to go with the .38-55 CB I already had. I paid too much but was able to find one. After you have them for a while cost does not mean much as compared to letting what you really would like to have and letting it pass. Just an old man's thinking.
Have a great day.
Jim

·
Registered
15,649 Posts
These sad stories are tearing me up. Why don't you guys just stop?

:)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Last six months I've bought 4 of them. I am a sick man.
1. 1968 336RC
2. 1966 39A Golden Mountie
3. 2012 1894CB45
4. 2014 1894CB44

If it's Marlin I usually buy it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Order a few Bullseyes so you always have extras ready to go. Shipping cost more than one bullseye and won't go up for multiples.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I DO know what you mean...
a cute little .357 carbine (16.5 inch barrel) winked at me yesterday...
it looked so lonely...
I felt it needed a good home because some terrible person had left it just sitting on the shelf.
Wife sends me to doctor, to discuss my problem... she suggest marriage counseling, but I explain I don't want to break up with any of my rifles... she seems to think I don't understand what she's saying...

I answer Doctor's questions... I'm thinking
why are you looking at me like that...
what do you mean I need a rest...
if I would just admit my problem??
Marlinitis isn't a problem, it's a disease, only able to be treated by the acquisition of various Marlin's, including those that obviously need your help to return to their former glory, and those that need to have their beauty preserved...
Medication?? Oh, its OK... I know how to address my addiction>> door slams, car starts, heading to gun shop 'just looking'!
Five minutes later Doctor arrives at same shop, he also 'browsing', and asks me not to mention that I saw him there to my wife.
Both agree our discussion was fruitful, and that he will tell me wife that it is preferable that I have an addicition to rifles, than to gambling, drinking, or other woman, as long as I don't mention to HIS wife that he has been to the gun shops again.
Matter resolved! The Doc and I are going shooting next weekend.

·
Registered
153 Posts
No it does not, I added 2 45-70's and a 30-30 to the collection this month and I was wearing a mask the whole time. Just counting out cash like it was free or something. Marlinitis definitely lowers ones inhibitions, glad it doesn't show up on a breathalyzer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I need to thank you gentlemen because you’ve shown me that I’m not the only one afflicted with this condition. As a matter of fact, I think some here have it much worst than me......
But maybe that’s not such a bad thing

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
It is hard to be strong 😢.
There is a a '97 CL that has been batting her eyelashes at me lately. A BEAUTY, just whispering , "Please take me home and take care of me!". What to do, what to do???

·
Registered
299 Posts
Over the past few weeks, these damn things keep following me home. they just won’t leave me alone. I’m not a charity dammit!
top is a 1971 dated 1894 in 44 mag
bottom is a 1953 dated 336 in 30-30. Looks almost perfect but it’s missing the bullseye

If they keep following you, I can send you my address to distract them!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well i know what you guys are talking about. I look for couple of yrs for a 336 44 and couldn't locate one and i finally got my chance and jump on one.
I was talking to a gentlemen that his brother bought new in 65 and we talked a little more and i couldn't say no. Now i'm looking at my second one right now in my shop and i'm a happy camper!

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
You guys..... I just love you all.....
I show my other half all the stuff you are buying......day after day.
Then I show her what I have, and how I have not bought anything in months.
She replies, well at least you don't spend money like they do... and then she walks off.

You guys keep up the good work... keep posting those pictures of those guns, keep bragging
on how many you have bought in the last 30 days....
Then I can sneek one in every few months and nothing is said.....
Thanks guys...(y)

·
Registered
186 Posts
You guys..... I just love you all.....
I show my other half all the stuff you are buying......day after day.
Then I show her what I have, and how I have not bought anything in months.
She replies, well at least you don't spend money like they do... and then she walks off.

You guys keep up the good work... keep posting those pictures of those guns, keep bragging
on how many you have bought in the last 30 days....
Then I can sneek one in every few months and nothing is said.....
Thanks guys...(y)
Sigh... I have discovered my addiction has mutated... Now it isn't just Marlins siren call that I hear... I saw a Savage 24, .22lr over .410, in excellent condition... I picked it up, and didn't put it down. Then there was a 24C in .22lr over 20G, that looked sad... and it came home, too. It seems the 24C was lonely, as my only 20G, so there was this lovely 20G SxS looking damn cute... I swear I only glanced at it!
So I am fortunate that my beloved hasn't worked out what happened, I just tell her I'm cleaning up a shotgun, and test firing them. The boys kindly bought a gunsafe each, so we have enough to store everything (I fear my addiction has rubbed off on them)... So, I try and fight it, but to no avail. Hopefully I can intercept the mail with the new scope, and mounts, for the first Savage 24 (It shoots so nicely, I decided a 1-4 x 24 would suite it to perfection), before the cheese and kisses does!
Of course I probably won't mention the two new reloading presses, sitting under the bench, for a while, either.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts