Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
27,474 Posts
Sounds like marlinitis to me and sorry to say, it's incurable. Might as well accept your fate and continue buying and shooting them. Resistance is futile.

Nice Marlins, btw.

Jack

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s so true. I got the 1894 a few weeks ago and figured I’m good for now. Then I go to a gun show last weekend and see the 336. I throw out a lowball offer to the guy and he accepts it. Oh well....
Order a new bulls eye and slam it in, then go shopping for another Marlin. I went thru a period and it calmed down. But it jumped to antique tools. If we are not hunting in the woods we are hunting the flea markets, gun shows, etc.

·
Super Moderator
32,129 Posts
Yep it's a sickness! No cure! Here is what I bought in the past two weeks!
1895GS 45/70

1894 44 mag

Taurus Judge 45lc/410

American Western Arms Single Action Longhorn 45 colt.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
501 Posts
The Bullseye is fairly easy to replace and well worth it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Dawei sells good ones. One of the moderators I believe. Only 6 bucks shipped to your door for two.

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Registered
501 Posts
Over the past few weeks, these damn things keep following me home. they just won’t leave me alone. I’m not a charity dammit!
top is a 1971 dated 1894 in 44 mag
bottom is a 1953 dated 336 in 30-30. Looks almost perfect but it’s missing the bullseye

Hell, I can top that. I bought 5 freaking waffle tops this year. Restricted to .35 Remington and .32 Win special. I am in a 12 step program right now.

·
Registered
968 Posts
You have a bad case of Marlinitis! I highly recommend a six pack of quality beer along with a good western film. Then hit the ATM in the morning and pop into a few gun shop's looking for more Marlin's! Seriously, they are some nice looking Marlin's!
Just order a bullseye then cut it in half and glue it in even with the stock. With the left over half bullseye you need to go out and find a Marlin missing a bullseye! Then buy it!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
If an 1894CB 44 mag fell into my lap, I would not turn it over to an orphanage.

Reactions: 2adad1974 and JW/OK
1 - 20 of 44 Posts