Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just found a 1895CB at LGS that was priced well below the current market value. Wasn't in the market for one but couldn't pass it up for the price.

There is a hole in the underside of the forearm where the previous owner installed or tried to install a sling stud. The stud is gone leaving a ragged hole. With all the aftermarket sling attachments that clamp to the mag tube or barrel I'm not sure why you would screw one into the wood?
All my firearms get used, there not display pieces. I have dings and scratches on many of them over the years but for some reason this hole just aggravates me?

My question is who makes a replacement and are there other variations that would fit. Ex..would a forearm from a 336 fit?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
I don't think any other forearm will fit your Cowboy. It has to be for an Octagonal barrel and they're slimmer and shorter than a 336. You could drill it out and put a walnut dowel in it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think any other forearm will fit your Cowboy. It has to be for an Octagonal barrel and they're slimmer and shorter than a 336. You could drill it out and put a walnut dowel in it.
I already planned to fill the hole, it won't be noticeable especially being on the underside of the forearm. Still just aggravates me. Thought if I could find a new replacement that didn't cost a fortune I would just swap the ends.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a few new Marlin 1895CB forearms. PM me if you have interest.

Tom
Thanks for the offer. The marlin is still in gun store jail, we have to wait in illinois before we can pick them up. When I get it home I will decide if it still aggravates me enough to replace it.

Thanks again

·
Registered
726 Posts
I would talk to TC she sure seems to know how to work with wood. Hey CB came out sweet. Just my thoughts though, of course if you wanted to uglfie it it would be hard to make a plastic forned for it. LOL just kidding I would dare to a JM gun but a Remlin maybe

Reactions: glockmeister
1 - 7 of 7 Posts