Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad passed away yesterday morning. He was 84.

He remarried after his wife of over 50 yrs passed away in '08. His second wife is a jewel like my Mom was, and her children are wonderful people. I spent yesterday at her house doing all the "stuff". Those of you who have done this know what I mean. I'll post more later, but my wife and I are leaving in a few minutes to take his widow to the funeral home and cemetery to get all the business stuff squared away. I just wanted to come to MO's for a few minutes this morning before I went "back into the breach". Thanks for being here Gentlemen.

·
Registered
421 Posts
+1

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Mudman I am so sorry to here of your loss my friend I lost my Dad in 07 at the young age of 68 so I no how your feeling right now!!May God bless you and your family my friend!!May your Dad have a special place in heaven!!!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Mudman, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I lost my dad in 05 when he was 91-1/2, and my mom is going to be 94 come July, so I too know how you feel. God Bless.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mudman, our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. Asking for God's comfort and peace that only he can give during the next few days. I remember the last time I was able to visit my Dad during deer season, before he passed away of cancer. He was so weak he could barely get out of bed, but one morning I came down and found him lying on the couch with his hunting clothes on. He said it may be the last thing I ever do, but I want to go out hunting with you one last time. We only made it out past the back yard where we sat down and "hunted" together. Didn't see anything, but it is a hunt I'll cherish the rest of my life!!!

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Mudman I have also lost both mother and father and know how bad it can be for you. May God bless and comfort you for the pain of the next few days.

·
Banned
16,492 Posts
What a fortunate man to have you and others to gather and remember; my prayer is for your peace, strength, and comfort in this most difficult time.

Bill

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Thoughts and Prayers are with you and the family

·
Registered
361 Posts
Whether you are 2 or 102, the loss of a parent is never easy. I pray for your peace and that all your remembrances today are of the amazing life your father lived. God be with you.
Steven

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Prayers sent for your family.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Mudman,
So sorry for your loss! My prayers go out to you and your family in this time of grieving. I've been where your are going and it's not easy. Just know
your Dad is now at peace with the Lord.
Bob

·
Banned
3,028 Posts
Very sorry for your loss MM.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Sorry for your loss, Mudman.

·
Premium Member
12,104 Posts
MudMan,

My prayers and condolenses to you and your family..................I've been involved in the same crisis since 2/8....................I know how your heart aches at this time, but the Lord will see us through.

My prayers are with you..........

Tom

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.