Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always liked CZ products.I have owned an CZ American 550 bolt in 30 06 with a Nikon buck master 6-18X40 scope on it for a while now.And I love the quality ,the accuracy,the look and the Mauser action of the rifle. I can easily reach out and touch something at 200 yrds accurately with it. Unfortunately that is the greatest distance available to me at the moment or I'd try greater distances.Anyway,I have been wanting a CZ .308 varmint for some time now.But,I came down with a case of Marlin fever ,and the desire for a CZ .308 took back seat for a spell.I was at the office(gun club)the other day shooting my CZ85 combat 9mm and bumped into a member I'm acquainted with who was heading to the 600yrd range to try out his new Remington 700 .308 tactical.I never got around to acquiring a badge to use that range ,so when I was invited,I jumped at the opportunity.Nice rifle the Remington tactical .308 is.Just don't like the build or quality as much as a CZ.I went home and looked on Buds for CZ .308s.Got it narrowed down to the 550 25.6" varmint barrel.Just don' know if I should get the tacticool synthetic stock or stick with the traditional walnut stock .I am used to the feel of wood.But,I liked the cool look of the tacticool synthetic.Has anyone out there had the opportunity to shoot either of these?What is you advise on which stock to get and why?Any input would be cool.Thanks, Joe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts