Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
growing up on my daddy's used car lots in the 60s-70s was a fun time. i used to get to drive something different all the time. it was when muscle cars roamed the earth. i remember many cars and i had quite a few. i remember he had a Hurst olds, it was white with gold trim. they only came in two colors, white and gold and black and gold. and many cutlass olds. many, many SS396 GTO'S, and Z28, he actually hated them! because all the kids wanted to hear them run. and day a scrawny looking kid came in walking. he wanted to know how much for one of the cars. daddy gave him a price just to get rid of him. he left and in an hour or so he came back and put his cash on the desk! he was so young he had to have an adult come and sign for the ride. my favorite car he had was a hugger orange Z28 with white stripes. it had a 4sp with a 302 hp motor. it was beautiful! one of the fasted he had was a car i ended up with, it was a 67 galaxy 2dr. sedan. it had a 4sp. with a built 428 interceptor. it would absolutely fly! i never got out run with it. oh those were the days. thanks for the memories,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
16,509 Posts
Well this was a surprise weekend. Out of the blue bought a 1969 Cutlass S. 350 rocket, 3 speed auto, buckets. Previous owner has the exterior and interior looking new. Unfortunately he passed away, his sister inherited it. Didn’t want it.
Made a impulsive buy. He didn’t work on the engine, that will be my fun. Body and frame are solid. New paint. Either 56k or 156k, thinking the latter.
View attachment 834623

View attachment 834624
What a great looking Olds!

Good for you!

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
515 Posts
Deceptive car. Those ran pretty good.
Friend of mine inherited his rich grandmas '72 Cutty. She toldthe salesman she wanted to be able to climb the hilly streets in Pittsburgh. He set her up right. That was one runnin' Granny ride!
I suffer from crainial flatulence. It was a '72 Buick Skylark. The BuiHawg!

·
Premium Member
16,509 Posts
We had a SkyLark!

Ohhh! It ran GOOOOOD!

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
197 Posts
Awesome stories from you guys and sweet A-body Olds. Congrats!

I used to write and design Year One parts catalogs 25 years ago. Great bunch of coworkers... everyone had muscle cars.

I was always a Ford Mustang guy. Mach 1s and bosses. Restored and owned a few in my time.

·
Premium Member
16,509 Posts
428. COBRA JET!

I still have a FORD Motor Mount Wrench in my tool box! (to change spark plugs) LOL

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Next door neighbor is an original owner of a '72. I think I'm the only one to drive it in the last few years. Twice a year I go and put gas in it and wash it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Awesome stories from you guys and sweet A-body Olds. Congrats!

I used to write and design Year One parts catalogs 25 years ago. Great bunch of coworkers... everyone had muscle cars.

I was always a Ford Mustang guy. Mach 1s and bosses. Restored and owned a few in my time.
The previous owner had this painted around 2002, then he went on a Year One buying binge. Have his notes and invoices. All the chrome trim, badges, seats, carpet, radio, all replaced. Looks like new. Body and frame solid and clean. He didn’t get to the motor, which is best as I have neither the skill or patience for trim work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice find! I miss my 70 chevelle..now I have a 64' C-10 w/ a 383 stroker..just a beater driver, but lots of fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Back in 1984 I had a 1970 Cutlass S. 455cid engine, 400THM transmission, limited slip rear end, heavy duty cooling, front and rear anti sway bars, factory 5 spoke custom wheels, and of course the same looking interior. Color was Aspen Green.

On my car I had found a build sheet that tells everything about it. Factory codes with listed installed options. There were two places to look. Mine was under the bottom rear seat. Another place to look where I found another, was on the top of the gas tank. Between a felt pad and top of tank.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
No Cutlass But did have a 1965 Oldsmobile 442 4 on the floor. My first real car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No Cutlass but had 69 Buick GS 455 and several GTO's, 66 Nova ss, 69 Camero ragtop ss/rs pace car and currently a 67 Chevelle SS 396 4-speed that was in 500 pieces when I got it 22 years ago that I put together with my best friend. The guy I got it from was going to do a frame off restoration ,but 10 years later he decided it was to big a job for him to do, so I ended up with it.

·
Registered
31,276 Posts
67 Chevelle SS 396 4-speed that was in 500 pieces when I got it 22 years ago that I put together with my best friend.
you lucky dog!
I can kick myself everyday for selling my 1966 SS!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Beautiful car naptown, those stock Mustangs are really talking off.
I had a 67 Impala SS 327 4 speed, sold when we had our first kid, along with my CJ7 and GPZ 550. This Cutlass is my revenge, spending those same kids inheritance.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts