Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent acquisition and she can still hunt!

Marlin, back when they teamed up with Ballard, #2 32-40 Win. (5 shot group, bench, 50 yards) Oh, 61 year old eyes. Mfg date 1888 matching SN's throughout. Picked her up in an auction. Because she was refurbished and not original sights, not many bidders. I do not have Safe Queens, they all need to shoot to keep me interested! As it should be, right. :tee:

JM-Ballard5.jpg JM-Ballard1.jpg JM-Ballard4.jpg JM-Ballard3.jpg

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
That is beautiful ! Looks like something Marlinman would show us.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I can relate as I have a fully restored Marlin-Ballard in .22LR that I paid a fraction of what it would have cost in original condition and is a fun shooter/plinker. Congrats on your new toy!

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
man ain't that a beauty and shoots good too, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
59 Posts
A target like that would do most any rifle proud! And a real looker to boot. Well done!

Reactions: MidBigWest

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
great rifle and I would love one. Thought I would mention a Warning from my book Schuetzen Rifles. Do not cock the rifle before opening the action as it can break the web of the hammer.
The author of the book claims to have seen it happen more than once. He cannot explain why.

DEP

·
Read Only
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Very very nice! No pics of the 61 year old eyes, how much did they cost you? :creep:
Funny you ask. WalMart $12 1.0 cheater glasses. I just needed a little help with the front sight and not too strong to cause issues with target focus. The small rear peep clears up the target just fine with the low power cheates.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
absolutely awesome.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts