Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wow! That bow screams...character! It also screams...DON'T FREAKING SCRATCH ME while hunting!! Still, I would be very happy to hunt with it if I could keep from staring at that lovely grain too much. I'd miss those Whitetails sneaking up on my position.

Nice, beautiful piece of wood ya got there. Berry Berry Nice!

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow! That bow screams...character! It also screams...DON'T FREAKING SCRATCH ME while hunting!! Still, I would be very happy to hunt with it if I could keep from staring at that lovely grain too much. I'd miss those Whitetails sneaking up on my position.

Nice, beautiful piece of wood ya got there. Berry Berry Nice!
Thank you sir! And thank you for your service.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Jake that is beautiful! I have been a bow hunter for many years, although I have to confess I have not done it in a wile. I used a Damon Howett super diablo at 45# it would shoot slam through a deer. I had a martin dream catcher 50# I gave it to my brother. any way that is a nice bow.

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Jake that is beautiful! I have been a bow hunter for many years, although I have to confess I have not done it in a wile. I used a Damon Howett super diablo at 45# it would shoot slam through a deer. I had a martin dream catcher 50# I gave it to my brother. any way that is a nice bow.
Thank you for the nice compliments sir.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Nice lookin stick and string. Looks like it's got nice even tiller. I've got a osage selfbow I made at the Twin Oaks Tennessee Classic a few years ago. It's got a knot hole in the bottom limb that was tight and had great character. After stringing it and shootin I was workin on the grip and strung it and heard a little tick. The knot hole has a crack on each side now holding with deer sinew.

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice lookin stick and string. Looks like it's got nice even tiller. I've got a osage selfbow I made at the Twin Oaks Tennessee Classic a few years ago. It's got a knot hole in the bottom limb that was tight and had great character. After stringing it and shootin I was workin on the grip and strung it and heard a little tick. The knot hole has a crack on each side now holding with deer sinew.
Thank you for the compliments. I'd love to see pictures of your osage self bow. Osage is an excellent bow wood. Did you end up doing an entire backing of sinew on your bow?

Reactions: MidBigWest

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Only killed one deer with a homemade bow and this was 10 years ago come November... somes got it and some ain't... I aint got it when it comes to homemade bows lol I need bow with sights and wheel and cam... I made this one from piece pignut hickory and covered it in snake, mink hide on the recurves and beaver fur on the homemade string, kilt him with a wood arrow but metal broadhead. Looking forward to seeing you bag a critter with it

.DT

Attachments

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Very nice. I used to own a longbow and do some archery but let it go many years back. Miss it a little.

Whooooo bad memory. As a kid I drew it on an adult beating up another kid..... ended ok, no one hurt. Wow, forgot that one. Chills.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts