Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any stocks from wood other than walnut on an 1894? I was thinking a very curly maple or birds eye maple would look good. My custom muzzleloader is made from p++ curly maple and I think it would be cool for my 1894 to match it. A nice purple heart, osage orange or eboney wood might look nice also. Anyone seen or have such an animal?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure I don't have the skills to make a stock but I have a friend who built me a smooth bore muzzleloader and it would be a breeze for him. I still have a piece of black walnut that is over 150 years old that came from David Crockets birth site that was around when Davey was running Limestone creek. That might be cool but I was really thinking about fancy maple of some type. I have also seen a 10-22 made of Zebra wood that was nice. Don't think I'll change my stock but if I found another 1894 with a broken stock or badly scratched that was cheap I may experiment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.