Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find information on custom barrels for my 336. Does anyone have resources or online contacts that would be helpful. I have tried to do research but have been unsuccessful. Is a custom barrel going to make a more accurate rifle or is it the load that is fired?

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
The answer to your last question is yes. A custom barrel might have a slight edge in rifling choice and execution of quality. The load is still important. There are no simple solutions.

Unless you know you have a problem with your barrel it would pay to work on the load and check on fit of the various lever action rifle parts that can cause issues. And then there is your technique.

If you really want a custom barrel, you could do worse than starting here. Muzzleloader Barrels, Ruger 10/22, BPCR, Muzzleloading Supplies | Green Mountain Rifle Barrel CO.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Is there a problem you are trying to fix? Is it an old rifle? Is your accuracy poor? Are you shooting lead or jacketed? Are you trying to get precision bolt action accuracy from a 336?

There may be some intermediate steps to take before a new barrel. Your barrel may just need a really good cleaning.

Please don't take my questions as condescending, but there may be a lot of better options for you. I see you are pretty new to the site but may not be new to Marlins. There are a lot of real experts on this site (not me) who can provide any information you need given enough details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts