Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom 24" Shilen octagon 450 Cowboy alert

I just noticed an interesting Custom Marlin on GB. Here's the auction description;

"I have what I believe to be a Marline 1895M which started life as a 181/2" barrel and a 4 shot tube. Rebarreled with a Shilen 24" octogon barrel and full tube. Beautiful rifle. Rifle is new still has grease on bolt face. Couple of very small dings from safe. Make sure your dealer will accept firearm from a private person since I no longer have an FFL."

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=230820967

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: Custom 24" Shilen octagon 450 Cowboy alert

Just my luck, new job, moving, oh well! Sure is sweet looking rifle. Maybe next time. (I'm sure there has to be a bunch of them floating around) grin grin

·
Registered
2,337 Posts

Looks real nice, a real .450 CB. The stock would have to be swapped out. That recoil pad has to go for a real CB. Still a nice rifle.

·
Registered
436 Posts

OOOHHH! That's nice! Wonder what that thing will weigh? Not a bad price right now ($850).

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts

That is down right purty to me. I'd leave the stock as-is, there is something about a Guide Gun recoil pad that makes me stop and think of days in the field....... If'n I only had the money....

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts

Pretty cool. Looks like they didn't get the forearm endcap fitment right. I've never messed with those so I don't know how difficult it'd be to correct.

·
Registered
250 Posts

Oh Geez......

I want it sooooooooooooo bad.

But not to be

Someone will be happy

·
Registered
258 Posts

I'm guessing that $850 start bid was a little to rich for everyone! Not a bad rifle though and I am sure someone will scoop it up at a lower price in the near future.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Is this thing real? Shilen does not list or show octagon baeerls on thier web site. I have a 450 Marlin XLR that I would like to put a 26" octagon barrel on with a full length mag tube to boot. Does anyone know of a shop that can do this type of work? ???

·
Premium Member
405 Posts

Skeeter,

A stainless octagon barrel for your XLR will run in the ballpark of $850 installed. $350 for the new custom, cut-rifled, stainless steel barrel, $200 to upgrade to the octagon profile, and about $300 to install it. A full-length mag tub will add about $200, if desired.

Talk to you soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts