Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow, thanks to everyone for all the compliments and kind words! This forum is great! I have really been enjoying this thing, and got to hunt with it some this year. I shot a wounded doe we were trailing as she got up to run, the ol' Marlin put her back in her place and finished what was a horrible shot to begin with. It wasn't the same as taking a traditional shot from a stand, and dropping one in its tracks though. I look forward to that next season.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Yep thats one pretty rifle. I bet you feel like shes really yours now that you have done the work on her. I know mine do after a little TLC given to a fine rifle.

·
Premium Member
18,009 Posts
You and your gunsmith are to be commended for taking an average shooter-grade gun and turning it into a silk purse. That's a rifle that we'd all be proud to tote around. Well done!

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
That is a beautiful rifle right there! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
67 Posts
very cool! Like the matte finish.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Very nice. i hunted with my 44 Mag last season. I love the way the 94 handles and shoots. I bet that shorter barrel makes yours quick to swing into action.

·
Premium Member
16,409 Posts
Hey Buck Shot,

One fine looking 1894!

Very tastefully done!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
768 Posts
Great looking rifle. Guess it's going to be a keeper.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow, just Wow that is a really nice rifle.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
SWEET!!! Very well done! DP

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Nice rifle! I hope you have many years of enjoyment in the woods with her.....

·
Super Moderator
26,047 Posts
Hey buckshot, great looking 1894 and I like what you did to her. Especially the reconfiguration in shortening the barrel and losing the front barrel band. Well planned and executed!

Jack

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
That is one fine rifle to be proud of, it looks great!

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,794 Posts
Like a new gun, made just for you. I love it when these 'Ugly Ducklings' turn into absolute gems! Keep 'em coming folks! AC

21 - 40 of 40 Posts