Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new to the model 60 I recently acquired an older model made in 76 it has all kinds of feeding and jamming problems iv replaced the entire action assembly including bolt adjusted the ejector spring to spec unfortunately no change the action does not move smoothly seems there's a spot somewhere were the bolt catches and stays open iv had this gun apart again and again with no solutions please help!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I worked in K-mart sporting goods in 1978, and couldn't keep up with the returns back to Marlin for the same problem!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel better not being the first lol something is binding the action slightly can't find what it maybe about to give up on this gun I hate to say

·
Super Moderator
17,120 Posts
There were a few changes of design along the way in the Model 60 evolution... You gotta make sure all the parts are matching for what you have...

3 different stocks, trigger guards, cartridge lifters and feed throats... 2 different bolts and side plate set ups...

I do have a few Model 60's...

·
Super Moderator
33,791 Posts
I have a 1978 model 60 .22 and have no problems with it. Mine was bought at a Howard Brothers. I still have it today!

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
17,120 Posts
Also some pics may help... The inside of the receiver with the action and bolt removed... The bolt from different angles... The action from different angles...

And one other thing... Are you locking the bolt back in the receiver by pushing in on the charging handle before you assemble the action into the receiver? Because that will bend the ejector/lifter spring and cause it to catch the bolt if you don't...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Cycle the action with the charging handle a few times to get a feel for how much pressure is required to pull the bolt back. Then loosen the take down screws a few turns and pull the bolt back again and see if the force required is less.
I have found on older model 60's that the stock gets crushed down were the front take down screw contacts the front part of the receiver. This causes the lower action to be forced upwards and pinch the bolt, making it bind against the receiver.
The quick and dirty fix is to put a washer under the receiver where it contacts the front take down screw.
P1000592washer.JPG

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have 3 model 60's and they all work fine. Took one to the range today, wanted to try some different ammo. I had CCI Stingers, CCI Velocitor, and Aguila Super Extra HP, 38 gr. The gun loved the Velocitor and Aguila but really didn't work well with the Stingers. Not saying that this is your problem but sometimes the ammo is the culprit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts