Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Haven't posted in a while. Been busy fixing up the new place. Lots of overtime to pay for all new furniture
and other stuff. I did find time to get my Marlins out of layaway at Christmas. A 45/70XLR, a .410 lever, and
the 1895CB. All are 2009 issue. I will shoot a grouping in the next few days. However, today a poor homeless
336C begged for a new home. A solid 1970 issue by the serial number (70 1260xx). Stock has character marks
but easy to refinish. The blueing is excellent and no rust. Bore is clean. Original offset spur in place. Topped with
a set of see-through rings and a scope I didn't even pay attention to. Rear sling stud square through the bulls-eye
but no chips or cracks. I purchased the old girl with $50.00 down and 90 days to retrieve. Total price of..............

$280.00 including the tax!!

Yippee for me!!
JB

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well done. Nothing like helping the homeless. It will give you something to do in your spare time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
thats a good deal....but i gotta say that i got you beat

i got a 1982 336cs, with new tasco 3x9 scope, and half box of ammo for:

250 OTD!!

sounds like the same condition as yours too

it is marlinitis.....its bad here...really bad

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
Well play with fire (Marlins) and you will get burned. I have been down that road myself, I have found it is easy to say no but darn near impossible to say NO WAY to a Marlin.
The remedy for Marlinitis is not known so you have to take two hundred shots and seen the bullet supplyer in the morning.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
nice scores on Marlins for both of you! When's it gonna be my turn? ??? ;D DP

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hang tight dpe.Ahoy - It takes time to run into deals. I passed up a bunch
of good deals to purchase new Marlins. This one couldn 't be ignored.

JB
(shhh- 3 more posts and I can buy Marlin lottery tickets)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts