Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a very nice Marlin 1894ss in .44 magnum. It is a JM stamped from the early 2000's, looks to be in flawless condition and only has 10 rounds fired through it.

I would like to know what their current value is. I had seen a thread on here asking the same question back in November 2013 and it seemed the general consensus was $800-1000. Just wondering if that's still the range for what these actually sell for.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
325 Posts
You could get lucky to snag a non ss one for inbetween the price ranges, but it seems like there's a lot of luck involved finding any jm for a reasonable price anymore

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the deal is already a go for this weekend. So no turning back now.

I'm meeting a guy locally and trading my Springfield XDM 5.25 9mm Bi-tone with 6 magazines and a TLR-1 HL light, and an older model Mossberg 500.

He was asking $925 for the 1894ss. With the price he has on it, it's a fair trade for my two guns. However, I do believe he is getting the slightly better end of the deal because after looking on Armslist more and I saw a few 1894ss models going for the upper $700's/low-mid $800's.

Eh, I'm still happy with the trade, as long as everything does check out on the Marlin when we meet up. And it will go well with my late-80's model Super Redhawk .44 Mag with a 9.5" barrel and a Leupold scope :)

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
13nick31 your good to go. just searched Gunbroker Advanced Search for completed 1894ss auctions with an actual sale, prices were between 950 and 1100. Truely believe you got the better end of that deal by a fair margin. Add in 30 shipping and a probable LGS charge and those guns are all over a thousand.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
13nick31 your good to go. just searched Gunbroker Advanced Search for completed 1894ss auctions with an actual sale, prices were between 950 and 1100. Truely believe you got the better end of that deal by a fair margin. Add in 30 shipping and a probable LGS charge and those guns are all over a thousand.
Yeah on there they seem to sell for more than Armslist. But yeah, regardless I think I might give him a couple boxes of ammo after I see the gun to even up the deal. He actually told me today that he had 3 other guys in the 24 hour period from when he posted it trying to trade as cheap as possible and that they were not in a cash bidding war to get him to sell the rifle from under me. He said the current bid was $1100, and even if it went to $2000 he wouldn't sell since he said he's a man of his word and the rifle would be mine.

If all that was true, I really do appreciate that and have a lot of respect for him for sticking to it. He could have easily said, sorry, I sold it to some guy tonight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let us know how it turned out, congrats on finding a stand up guy to deal with!
Better late than never updating you guys! Sorry, been very busy. Anyway, everything went very smooth and he was a great guy to deal with. The Marlin is beautiful and I absolutely love it! (I would actually like to find a decent deal on a blued version so the SS won't have to be used as much haha)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Nice looking 1894!!! I am so glad I found the 1894 44 Mag for the wife back when they were $350.00

Doc

·
Registered
191 Posts
VERY nice!!!

Luis

Reactions: Magnum6

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I was thinking so..

It just irks me that these were selling for ~$500-600 just two years ago.
That's what I paid for my 1894 Stainless Steel 44 mag... 6 years ago new in the box form a gun show in Mesquite Tx..... $500 bucks cash out the door ... also bought a 1895 Stainless steel 45~70 Guide gun new" in the box a month later at the same gun show , same dealer" for the same cash money " $500 out the door.... I made the cash deal with the same guy on the 45~70 the day I bought the 1894 .... Gave him $200 cash on the spot for the 45~70 and he brought it with him to the show which was a month later . He call me two week's after the first show and said he had picked up my new 45~70 from another dealer at another gun show he was at . I told him to just bring it to the show in Mesquite tx. in two week's and I would be there and pick it up , He did and I gave him the other 300 cash and left . I was Happy Happy Happy :biggrin: He was Also the same fellow that found me a Brand new in the box 5 & 1/2 inch Stainless steel Ruger Vaquero 44 mag. pistol about 9 years ago , and let me have that for $500 buck's cash also . I was Real Lucky to find all three of those gun's Brand New in the box. Those JM lever rifles were HARD to Get Your Hands on back when I bought them" , and Ruger hadn't made the Vaquero pistol in 44 Magnum caliber for Several years Before I bought the one I have now . It's Not" for Sale

Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Air gun
And NO" there not for sale " so don't even think about it :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Better late than never updating you guys! Sorry, been very busy. Anyway, everything went very smooth and he was a great guy to deal with. The Marlin is beautiful and I absolutely love it! (I would actually like to find a decent deal on a blued version so the SS won't have to be used as much haha)
Pertty NEAT" there Nick , look's like a Twin Brother to mine :congrats:You Got A Good deal my friend . Look like the guy even throwed in a nice Hard case for to too .... Magnum6

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Nice looking 1894!!! I am so glad I found the 1894 44 Mag for the wife back when they were $350.00

Doc
I Here Ya Doc" I KNOW Your a happy man about That" , cause I don't think we'll EVER see ANY JM Rifles For cheap any more Brother . I felt Very lucky when I got my hands on those two I bought , cause Man" , They were HARD" to even find New In the Box" , back when I got those two , ESP: the Stainless Steel rifles... Later Brother ...

Dave

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think you got the best end of the deal by far. I'd run away after swapping like the cops were chasing me. A new Mossberg 500 in any gauge is well under $300. I'm not sure currently on the Springfield but, I'm no 9 mm fan or semi pistol nut either. I'll take a lever and a revolver any day over a pump and a semi-auto pistol. And the fact the lever is a stainless just reinforces that much more to me. God Bless

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.