Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy is using FTX 325 to shoot at a distance of 1 mile (a skosh over, actually, at 1806 yards). He never quite hits the 2' x 2' square target, but he comes pretty close.

Given that he's compensating with about 550 - 600 feet of holdover and about 100 feet of wind drift, I'd say missing a 2 foot target by a couple whiskers, from a mile away, still counts as a hit.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
All I see is a black box??

As an aside, in the early 2000's, there was a one mile black powder and lead bullet cartridge match in Wyoming -- the "Wasserburger Mile." Montana Vintage Arms developed a long range sight with 414 MOA elevation and 88 MOA for wind to acquire the target shooting black powder and lead bullets. See -- http://montanavintagearms.com/product/sights/soule-xlr/

·
Super Moderator
11,169 Posts
Good shooting especially with the old school equipment. As a service rifle shooter using modern equipment I can vouch that even hitting the 600 yrd target is a challenge. He might have made some hits if he was shooting prone but that is real good for standing.

Reactions: sgt_zim

·
Registered
537 Posts
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Reactions: sgt_zim

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang good for shooting from standing position, gday mate!
That's about as close to pure Quigley shooting as you can get. Might have been a little more interesting if he'd been shooting a Sharp's. But doing it with a Marlin...crazy town.

This guy actually does a lot of very long range shooting. He has a 375 Cheytac with video of shooting 5000 yards, if my memory serves.

Reactions: lever30 and JMAG54

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Some good shooting.
What language was that?

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Pretty darn good shooting for off hand with the 45-70.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.