Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, final new thread on my Cowboy rifles since folks wanted to see pics of my "new to me" 30-30 CB that I got from Wet Dog, figured while I was at it I'd show the new MVA Hadley Magnum Eyepiece for my MVA 108 tang sight:
Group pics first!
Top to bottom for all the pics!
1895 CB 45-70
1894 CB Limited 44-40
336CB 30-30
336CB 38-55

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The 1895 with the Hadley eyecup closeups, and I'm seeing that the pics aren't all that great, so it's later..posted up a few more that are clearer:

Here are some better pics:

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Mazer I have been checking out those Hadleys for a while now. It seems whatever your eyesight you could clear things up by choosing different size holes in the cup!

Once you have become familiar with it I would like to know if the internet rumor I have heard about them is true.

I've heard that the point of impact changes some when going from one diameter hole to another. Or probably just the eyes different focus changes the POA? Let us know!

·
Super Moderator
9,347 Posts
I'm curious too. I've thought about the Merit adjustable ones with a smaller OD. The Hadley style ones all have a pretty big eye cup. Not sure that would be for me. I have some friends who shoot BPCR and use Hadley style on their MVA soule sights. Not sure what brand they have though.

Reactions: lever addict

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have one on a Sharps 1874 and one on a Browning BPCR.

I am on the backside of 60, and I can tell you that they certainly are a big help for "ME". They work much better (IMO) if used with an aperature front sight with interchangable inserts. Between being able to change aperature size in the front sight and trying different size openings in the Hadley, I can just about always come up with a sight picture that works for me, even with varying light conditions. They ain't cheap, but worth it for me.

Smoke Ratchet

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's a whole lotta beautiful. I'm happy for you.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I run Merit apertures in the Marble tang sights on my 1893 and 1894 Marlins. The Sharps only has a Hadley 'cause Merit doesn't make an aperture with the same threads that Pedersoli uses. Either way, a good peep sight can really help when your eyes are getting old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.