Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so lets say you find a Cowboy Carbine Limited in .41 Magnum in like new condition barely looks fired. With the price being asked for them today, this one is $1100, do you...

A. Put it in the safe and every once in a while pull it out and look at it

or

B. Use it at the range, in the woods, in the rain and snow etc.

Having a hard time justifying buying one to just put in the safe but then again its only 1 of 1000

Damn Marlinitis

·
Registered
599 Posts
B and compare it with my other .41 pistols and Marlin 1894S. Got several bullet molds to run thru it.

CD

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
B B B B B! Buy it, shoot it love it. Even if you scratch it you'll get your $ back, and then some at that price! Looking forward to the pictures, you lucky dawg.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the gentle push over the edge. Well I went back and put it on layaway. Will post pics in a couple of weeks after I pick it up. She is unfired without the box. Looks like it was put in the safe and never touched. The LGS is liquidating the collection of an older fellow with health problems.

Incidentally, if anyone is looking, right next to the .41 was a .32 H&R same condition looks unfired with no box for $1250.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I would go back and buy the 32 also. You can sell it on GB for $1400+ with no sweat. I have one with the box and paperwork I am thinking about selling just because I never shoot it. I have shot a 100 rounds through it but wouldn't take less than $1500 for it.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I would use it and take care with it. I have a Browning Citori that I bought new in the early 1980's and it has been on countless bird hunts and skeet shoots and still looks almost new because I love it and I'm very careful with it as I am with all my guns. I have friends whose guns are beat to HE** because they toss them in the back of the truck like fire wood and lay them around in camp where they are knocked over and pushed around, mine go in a case when not in use or traveling from one spot to another. Use it and care of it is my opinion. The prices have somewhat abated on the .41 mag rifles but that's still a good deal in my eyes. I was buying .41 mag marlin's in the 1200-1500 a couple years ago and flipping them anywhere from 1800-2200.

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Super Moderator
12,338 Posts
Shoot it like you stole it and make your friends jealous in the process. Sounds like a nice gun and I have never seen one in the wild.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts