Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nevada Supreme Court Ruling Gunmakers are not liable for crazies with guns in regard to that horrific Las Vegas Shooting:

Gunmakers not liable for Las Vegas massacre deaths, court rules (msn.com)

Sen. Chuck Grassley on Judiciary Committee blocked a request on Thursday to proceed on gun control legislation -
The legislation, passed by the House in March, would also prohibit a firearm from being transferred among individuals unless a licensed dealer or manufacturer carries out a background check.

Republican senator blocks gun control law in wake of Michigan shooting (msn.com)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Can somebody explain how one senator can block something just like that, yet we have literally hundreds of others who maintain they are helpless/powerless to do anything about fill-in-the blank?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
An entire week and no one can answer? Really?? OK, the answer is: Because the two parties are in fact one party. They all play along to get along. Please tell me you are not still gonna vote for more of the same, again.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Can somebody explain how one senator can block something just like that, yet we have literally hundreds of others who maintain they are helpless/powerless to do anything about fill-in-the blank?
I think 1 no vote sank the bill because the Democrats tried to pass it under a "unanimous consent" motion. Grassley said no so there's no unanimous consent and another attempt at more gun control failed.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I get that in this instance. What I'm pointing out is, they can apparently stop or advance anything based soley on the rules they set for themselves, often changing or disregarding those same rules as they go. In the end, it has nothing to do with right, wrong, legality, or constitution. It's the personal desire/whim of a small ruling body, likely manipulated by unseen outsiders. We are way off course.

Reactions: JohnD13
1 - 5 of 5 Posts