Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put together a thuty-thuty for my grandson. I recently acquired a nice set of wood from Jayhawker for a 30A. The forestock takes a forend cap. Will a barrel (I have access to a brand new one...free) for a 30TK work with this wood?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Can you measure, or have the guy with the barrel measure, from the shoulder to the dovetail for the forend tennon Dave? I'm not 100% but I think the TK has a short forend.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The 30TK does have a short forearm, and a barrel band as well. I think the barrel contour should be the same (despite the shorter length), but a forearm cap will require another tenon dovetail to be cut for the cap. You'll also have to deal with shortening the magazine tube. (The 30TK barrel should be set up for a 2/3-length magazine.) Hope this is of some use...

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both very much. I have a new 336A barrel and compared it with the new 30TK barrel along with the forearm and the difference is readily apparent. I can just cut down and the A barrel rather than attempting the hard change.

Thanks again.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts