Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a rather warm 42 degrees (?) and still day, I couldn't resist but to shoot my recently aquired Remington model 37 ... Last week I had a little glass placed just forward of the action tightening the stock in the action and also had the trigger worked on, now it breaks clean at about 22 ozs. which is a little heavy but very acceptable ... I am very pleased with the 37 and impressed with the workmanship .... Mine was produced in April / 1949 according to the code on the barrel ... I think it's also the only production rifle of it's day with a pilar bedded stock with a free floated barrel also with a recessed crown !

Using a Redfield 6400 16X with a 1/8 min. dot, I shot three IBS targets using Wolf ME, Lapua Super Match, and Federal Gold Medal Target ....

The ammunition was not sorted by rim thickness, shot it straight out of the box ! The Wolf scored a 249 with only one flier ... Lapua a 250 w/o any noticably fliers ... The Federal printed two VERY noticable fliers !

The best groop of under 1/4" was also shot with Lapua .... Before I make any evaluation of the ammuniton shot, I want to shoot more in warmer tempretures and at greater distances ...

Boy, it really felt good to shoot again ! ! ! :D :) :eek:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I am waiting too ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello McBendy

How much $$$$$$$$ does the Lapua Super Match ammo run, 50 rounds, and 500 rounds. I was gonna shoot today, But the weather man was way off again on his forecast, Raining like crazy here :x it was suppose to pleasant partly sunny here, well at least thats what i heard before i went to bed...........

Rem 37 Man.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lapua

I was using Lapua Club and not match and I paid $2.95 per box ... I bought 4 bx's as was just testing .... Today the temp was 46 degrees, a real heat wave ! Today tested some RWS, Eley Practice, and Wolf MT ... The WMT provided five very good groops as good as the one groop the Lapua did yesterday ! Wolf ammunition continues to be very impressive ! :D

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Very nice
You could be a little less obvious building your minimum 25 posts to start a thread in the trading post section. Try to participate a little more sincerely than a two word reply to a 14 year old thread next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts