Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Couldnt find a CBS delete plug for a 39AS, so I made one!

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mike SC Hunter 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I searched high and low for a cross bolt safety delete plug that would work for a 39. Everything I found for a Marlin lever action stated it would not work on the 39. With nothing more search for, I ordered one of the available ones just to see how it differed. What I found was that the diameter of the available plug Was 8 mm and the required diameter for the 39 was 7.5 mm. Also the available plug was 2/16th longer. I figured I had nothing to loose by trying so I inserted the plug into my drill and spun it against my grinding wheel to ensur it stayed properly round. Once it was the correct diameter, I used a dremel to cut it to length and drilled a hole in the appropriate place to allow the keeper pin to be inserted. A little cold blue finished it off. I previously modified the bounce back hammer to a full strike design so now I have a mechanically similar rifle to the 39A.

Couldn't have turned out better and was much easier then I thought it would be!

Natural material Strap Composite material Leather Fashion accessory
Revolver Air gun Bicycle part Wood Gas

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.