Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Correct identification and value

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  Arkie 
#1 ·
The research I’ve done tells me that this is a Marlin Glenfield Model 30 chambered in 30-30. The first two letters of the serial # are AC which tells me that it was made in 1967. It came factory with the 20” barrel, 4 round capacity, with a birch wood stock and fore grip. I know my grandfather refinished the lumber on this one before he gave it to me 20 years ago. He refinished everything in walnut so I’m guessing that he just refinished the birch with walnut stain. Can anyone confirm that by looking at it? Also, I am curious about the value and production numbers of this gun. It has been very well maintained.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ya’ll!

See less See more
#5 ·
Value in the upper Midwest would be $375 low end and $475 high end. The rifle looks great and since it was given to you by your grandfather, you cannot put a price on that.
No matter what sub brand name Marlin put on the rifle, it's still a Marlin 336.
Andrew

#6 ·
Looks like birch from here, but with a very nicely done refinish. Your Grandad did a nice job on that stock set. You have a very nice condition rifle, in one of my favorite configurations, the SC. I can't tell you what it's worth, for me the provenance would be pretty much priceless, but I've seen similar Glenfields around here selling for over $400. Especially the half magazine models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.