Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Cooper 21 Followed me home

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Travis 186 
#1 ·
From the OGCA show last weekend. I found this new old stock Cooper Model 21 Mannlicher stocked single shot in 204 Ruger in the box with all its papers. Just got Leupold high rings yesterday and mounted a Burris Fullfield II 4.5x - 14x that I had on another rifle. This is my first go round with a less than .22 caliber gun. Cleaning rod on the way along with dies and bullets. Haven't found any brass anywhere, but a buddy hooked me up with 50 new cases. The trigger is amazing, breaking between 1.5 and 1.75 pounds. Can't wait to shoot it.

I've got a few single shot rifles, falling block Rugers and Dakotas, and break open Contenders, but the last time I had a single shot bolt action rifle was fifty years ago and it was a Stevens .22 that had a knob on the end of the bolt to cock it. Times and circumstances change. Here's a couple of pics.

See less See more
#5 ·
So far looking at it is all I've done. I'm a little conflicted about shooting it. It's new in the box and the test target is dated January 2013, so it's made it eight years "as new". It won't stay that way though. I'll shoot it and still enjoy looking at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.