Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had bought one of those brinkman smokin pits... dern thing rusted out on me. Did try to season it with vegatable oil. Grew up in the bar-b-que restaurant, but not accustomed to back-yard units and trying to keep rust down on stuff that gets used once in a while. Any one got suggestions on keeping rust at bay in this type of environment. I do prefer wood.. use a lot of green hickory and wind up smokin' chicken and ribs for several hours but am tired of rusting steel?!? suggestions??

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
After your done, spray the cooking surface with oil pretty good while it's still warm and keep it dry with a cover after it's cooled down. I've a stainless one now....it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
tubbythetuba said:
After your done, spray the cooking surface with oil pretty good while it's still warm and keep it dry with a cover after it's cooled down. I've a stainless one now....it was worth it.
WD-40?

·
Registered
327 Posts
got a pot belly cast metal barbie left out all year round rusty as hell but i use alu trays to cook food on works perfect stove as lasted going on 5 years still as good as new but rusty cost me equivant of $10..........

viv

·
Registered
368 Posts

Cooker seasoaning
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 09:54:02 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: "tubbythetuba"

WD-40?
Not on cooking equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts