Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm restoring a old model 60 and wanted to know if I can convert it to a new model, mostly for the bolt release, what parts do I need to order from Numrich? I just received a synthetic stock from marlin with the slot for the lever and have gun koted the barrel and receiver. Do I just need the bolt release lever and extention spring? I was going to order the new style hammer and a feedthroat kit too. Thanks Jimmy

·
Registered
25 Posts
You will also need the new style bolt unless you plan to grind the new feed throat top to fit the old bolt. I havee not retrofitted one of these so am unable to answer your questions about additional parts needed. Best,

xx

www.martincustom.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old model 60 to new model

Well it wasn't that hard. Gun Koted the receiver barrel and mag tube flat black. Got a synthetic stock from Marlin that had a new trigger guard inculed, then bought a action assembly and bolt from Numrich. The action assembly was brand new, the bolt was used but in great condition. This rifle, brought back to life, should be a good squirl gun for many more years. Coot 8)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Old model 60 to new model

Well it wasn't that hard. Gun Koted the receiver barrel and mag tube flat black. Got a synthetic stock from Marlin that had a new trigger guard inculed, then bought a action assembly and bolt from Numrich. The action assembly was brand new, the bolt was used but in great condition. This rifle, brought back to life, should be a good squirl gun for many more years. Coot 8)

And it will
Can't beat a good Marlin sixty in the woods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts