Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All (longtime reader; first time poster :)),

I'm a new (to me) camp 45 owner with a few parts missing and I'm concerned about part availability. I fashioned a trigger from a 922M (thanks Shaw520), and modified the side plate with spindles from the 922M, also.

The feed ramp for the camp 45 is stumping me. Can someone tell me the dimensions of the camp 45 feed ramp. I want to see if the camp 9 can be modified. I don't have access to a shop; so I'm thinking modifications would suffice. As with the trigger, it doesn't have to look good, it has to work.

Thanks in advance,
CampingNut

Ps. Any good substitutes for the safety spring?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Say, just a passing casual observer here but even if you get the feed ramp sorted from 9m to 45, if the rifle was a 9m originally, won't both the barrel diameter be too small and the twist rate be wrong? Not criticizing just a thought. Thanks.

Reactions: CampingNut

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
City Rat and All,

I guess my ramblings weren't clear. I have a camp 45 without a camp 45 feed ramp. I want to know if anyone can give me the dimensions of a camp 45 feed ramp (length, width, height, and slope of the ramp) to see if I can convert a camp 9 feed ramp (only) into a camp 45 feed ramp.

For those that care, the feed ramp spring works perfectly as the safety plunger spring!

Hope this clears it up,

CampingNut

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
I can't help you out with your question, because I'm worthless on the Marlin Camp carbines, but I would like to say Welcome from Tennessee!
Fortunately, there are a lot of really smart and experienced folks on here that ought to be able to help you out.

Added: please don't let them know what I said about them.
Their heads might swell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JohnFland,

Thanks for the information, but the manuals I have access to from stevepages.com show the parts different 116384 vs 116284. I tried my camp 9 feed ramp in the camp 45 trigger assembly with an empty magazine in it and there was a significant interference fit. That is why I'm looking for the dimensions of the camp 45 ramp to see if I can modify the camp 9 feed ramp into a camp 45 feed ramp.

Thank you though for responding,
CampingNut

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JOBBER,

I agree completely; Numrich is the place to go for parts. What I'm looking for though on that site is the part (the Camp 45 feed ramp) that is "sold out" - a Camp 45 feed ramp. That is why I purchased a Camp 9 feed ramp in hopes of modifying it into a Camp 45 feed ramp. That is why I'm looking for the dimensions of a Camp 45 feed ramp.

Maybe, I am looking at this all wrong....Does anybody have a Camp 45 feed ramp they want to sell?

Thanks,

CampingNut

1 - 9 of 9 Posts