Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to turn 6.5 Carcano brass into .35 Remington? Normally it isn't something I would bother with, but I have a bunch of 6.5 Carcano Graf brass and no longer own a Carcano. Looks like it should be a pretty straight forward conversion. The rim is .01 smaller, and the case web on my once fired brass is identical to factory Remington .35 brass. I am thinking I could run it through a .30 expander first, then through the .35 sizing die and trim to length. Any thoughts? Yes, I could just wait for some .35 Rem brass, but this is one of those rare ocassions where I might be able to put something I decided to hang onto to use.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
You're gonna need to cut .160" off the Carcano case to bring it to the minimum trim-to length of 1.910 for the .35 Remington case, just so you know. jd45

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
RCO - I have gone the other way several times for my 6.5 Japanese. If my memory is correct the carcano brass will be a bit long as indicated, however, wait to trim it to length until after you have necked it up. I went from 35 cal down to 30 then down to 6.5, with a few instances of case failure when I tried to hurry the process. Around here (west Texas) the carcano brass is as rare as a chicken's tooth with a gold inlay. Good luck. Shenandoah

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Give it a try... I turned a 308 into a 300 savage

Doc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts