Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a nice ''K'' prefix .35 336 S.C. Untapped with a lyman peep sight as I am out of funds in my warchest I am considering a'' trade up''by trading my present .35 336 R.C. [1970 w/centennial medallion] perhaps as a straight trade but there is a small amount of blue damage to mine due to a careless former owner so I might have to pay something.I bought mine for !77.00 this one is 275.00.I sort of consider the older one more disireable but will those centennials ever be collectable?Whats your opinion?Shootrj2003

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm sure most of your replies are going to be...Don't do it, come up with the money. However, I can impathise with you. I've had to trade for some guns I really wanted. To me, the SC would be more desirable so I think it would be a good trade.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
shootrj2003 said:
I saw a nice ''K'' prefix .35 336 S.C. Untapped with a lyman peep sight as I am out of funds in my warchest I am considering a'' trade up''by trading my present .35 336 R.C. [1970 w/centennial medallion] perhaps as a straight trade but there is a small amount of blue damage to mine due to a careless former owner so I might have to pay something.I bought mine for !77.00 this one is 275.00.I sort of consider the older one more disireable but will those centennials ever be collectable?Whats your opinion?Shootrj2003
It is my understanding that not all Centennial models are genuine because, for some reason, Marlin not only made and sold them but also sold the medallions complete with instructions on how to install them! My predjudice is towards the pre-MicroGroove rifles, so I doubt I'd hesitate to make the trade.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
BTW, I have a "J" 336 SC in .35, mint condition, that I lucked into (I think) at a gunshow for $265. SWEET rifle!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts