Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a "91" (2009) MXLR for a good price locally. It has barrel droop, however. Before I spend any money on it:

Would I still be able to get it fixed today?

Obviously, I would not be the first owner. I assume I would call Marlin customer service and go from there, but I was wondering if this is still repairable, and what kind of cost and time frame would be involved. Thanks. I would love to hear from any recent experiences.

If not fixable, would it still be usable/safe?

·
Administrator
27,838 Posts
Doug, the good news is that it's fixable and they will replace the receiver which, is all that is usually needed. I have a contact who works in Marlin tech that will take very good care of you. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Jack

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found a "91" (2009) MXLR for a good price locally. It has barrel droop, however. Before I spend any money on it:

Would I still be able to get it fixed today?

Obviously, I would not be the first owner. I assume I would call Marlin customer service and go from there, but I was wondering if this is still repairable, and what kind of cost and time frame would be involved. Thanks. I would love to hear from any recent experiences.

If not fixable, would it still be usable/safe?
I sent mine back last May and they replaced receiver. It looks and shoots great now! If I remember correctly it took about 3 weeks to get it back.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Of course you’ll still get a new receiver with an MRxxxxx Ser#. Oh well I guess as long as it’s repaired and SAFE that’s all that matters

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
My brother had it done to his and it is a tack driver now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Of course you’ll still get a new receiver with an MRxxxxx Ser#. Oh well I guess as long as it’s repaired and SAFE that’s all that matters
That is true mine came back with an MR serial number too. Now mine is a tack driver and it didn't require any scope mount shims. I didn't buy mine for a collection, I bought mine to hunt with so the JM markings were not that important to me.

Gary

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got the MXLR now (no pictures) but have been too busy to call in for a repair... I wonder how repairs are with all the news about Remington right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts