Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a 336, 30-30 Texan. It is in need of restoration. It has a 20" barrel. But the sticky "Marlin Texans" indicates that if this gun is a 1981, it should have an 18 1/2" barrel. Here are preliminary pics of the Texan and the serial number (last 2 blocked w/ tape).
Auto part Wheel
Auto part Wheel
The Tasco 3x9 is already for sale on Ebay. But my question is, what is with the "71" preceding the serial number?
Material property Wood

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Sweet saddle ring on that Texan!!!
And '71 for sure!!

Great... now I've got yet another to add to the want list

Reactions: Blackbarry

·
Registered
970 Posts
Sweet saddle ring on that Texan!!!
And '71 for sure!!

Great... now I've got yet another to add to the want list
A '71? OK then, now I don't feel so bad about my restoration. It's the "Full Monty". I'll re-blue the barrel myself and the stock. Someone buggered the swivel hole and didn't get the axis aligned and it's off center. Not to worry. Here are pics of the buggering and barrel:

Pipe Material property Steel Metal
Wood Musical instrument
Wood Shotgun Metal Steel

·
Banned
457 Posts
nice, but tell me a little history on those wheels in the background, they are KOOL :biggrin:

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
After looking closely at your Signiture Picture, I can see how you missed that 71 if front of the S/N:ahhhhh: All kidding aside...that's a great Texan ya got there, with a brass saddle ring no less:tee:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice, but tell me a little history on those wheels in the background, they are KOOL :biggrin:
I walked into an eclectic "antique" store in Auburn, CA about 15 years ago and saw this wheel leaning against a post. Well, I just had to have it! So, $200 later I wheeled it out to my car. It makes a great background. Frankly, I wish others would pay more attention to the backgrounds in their gun pics. I should start a thread about that to HELP rather than to criticize.

Leverforever - My Avatar recognizes that to shoot accurately you need a fine rifle as well as a "keen eye" :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
What I wanna know is, does Judah Ben-Hur know you have his chariot wheel?

ADDING:

Never mind!

Broke my rule of 'Read The Thread First Before Posting!'...

lol

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Looks like the more experienced twin to my '71 Texan:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.