·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO SORRY guys,,Didn't mean to cause havoc among y'all.........modoc

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Ah ha! So you're at the root of this thing Modoc? Thought I felt a S. Oregon pull on my magnet! :wink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep GUILTY !!!It is just that the dern thing was there and I've been trying to get one for years..My Grandpa used one for his lifetime in 303 British,,it escaped after he died..Teddy R had a bunch,,Pancho Villa armed his elite troops with them so they must be reasonable shooters..I didn't want to be left out..Wanted a 303 brit or 405 but they were civilian calibers and our troops had them in 30-40 Krag,which this one is,,so I will find a handguard one day and return it to carbine configuration..Bought the rear sight,which is from the Krag,from ebay,.This butt has been chopped off an inch so in reality I need hand guard and butt stock..If you might know of one or the other,,please inform me..I expect to pay a reward for the information,if it bears fruit..I'm not wealthy but am DETERMINED..modoc

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I'll keep my eyes open for you! Need any .30-40 brass? I've got about 40 rounds of brand new brass for that caliber! You can have them at what they cost me; .40 cents each.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you MM 93 but I have more than enough..I had a hundred round calvary belt from the San-Am war and bought enough military to fill it..Boy was that heavy..Poor old horse..Plus I have more civilian loaded..Thanks for the offer..Am about to give the war weapon target shoots a try..One problem,,they won't let me shoot my trapdoor carbine,,insist on 1900 or later to WW II..poor loosers..Will hafta shoot one of my Krags,or 95 Winnie,or 03 Springfield or 98 Mauser,or 09 Argentine etc etc etc...........hard decision..Good news came tonight,,my grand nephew has promised to return my 94 saddle ring carbine in 25-35. Says it is too hard affording ammo..FEEL realy sorry for him..Like heck.. Gave it to my mother thirty years ago and about ten years ago she LOANED it to him..kinda resembles the deal with my grandpa's rifle..But this time sanity prvailed..Hoo ray.......modoc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts