Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep,first winnie since 1971..A 95 carbine in 30-40 Krag,just had to do it..love the cartridge and not often found..needs a little help in the wood department but nice barrel,functions smoothly,a keeper for now..modoc

·
Banned
81 Posts
Don't feel too bad, 95 Winnies are just too cool. 1st lever action that you can shoot spitzer bullets in. I picked up a SRC in 303 Brit. at our local gun show this winter. Didn't care for the caliber, but the price and condition was right. I put a barrel band sling stud on it and by using the saddle ring, I was able to rig a sling that will ride high enough on my back that I can sit in a canoe and paddle. Plan on using it on a moose hunt in northern Alberta this fall...unless I trade it off for a 30-40.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Nice find Modoc! We'll excuse your transgression for such a fine gun as the 95 Wrenchester! :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I confess too!

Confession is good for the soul, if you dont believe me ask generations of midieval inquisitors. Two days ago I bought a winchester 65 218 Bee with stith mounts and a 40s vintage J4 scope - mea culpa! The two 93 sporting carbines and the collection of 1936s in the safe are still prettier!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey Cowboykell -
A neighbor of mine turned 80 two falls ago. Guess what he bought himself for a b-day present ? Yup, a float hunt in northern Manitoba. He took a large bull out of a canoe. But he wasn't using a lever. He was using a Remington 725 in .270 that he had bought new ! I've seen the gun and it looks new.
Jeez, I hope I can still do that when I'm 80. I hope I can still dress myself when I'm 80..........

WB

·
Banned
81 Posts
Wishbone- since I only have 10-15 years over you...I'll take you with when you turn 80. The outfitter I booked with caters to bow hunters but he conceded to take 2 rifle hunters with the stipulation that we used "no exotic magnums" Little brother has an 1886 src in 45-70 that he is taking so I think we'll be OK.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ya... thanks buddy. :lol: I'll take you up on that in 40 years. You otta be in yur mid-90's about then! :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
While your confessin'

Ever body has weak moments, I purchased an 1876 Winnie a while back.
Now I feel better, thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts