Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to condition an old wood stock? My 1893 stock don't look bad, but would like to give the it a boost without doing a refinish job on it. I want to leave it as is.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I cleaned up a antique rifle a few years back that turned out good but I can"t remember what I used. I"m thinking Krud Kutter or something of that nature may work. I"m sure you will get a lot of good answers here.

riflerick

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do some research on Snake Oil. Might be what your looking for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Try Howards Feed and Wax, it has orange oil, beeswax, and carnuba wax. It feeds the wood and leaves a nice shine, just follow the directions on the bottle. I got it from Ace hardware.
Greg

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
I'd also suggest Natchez Solution. I use it on all my wood-stocked rifles and it really works well on any worn finishes as well as the new finish found on Marlins and Rugers too. It especially does wonders on the lightly finished areas of checkering found on many new rifles.

http://natchezsolution.com/

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
+1 on the Howard's Feed and Wax. Another member put me onto this a few months ago and it's some good stuff on old stocks.
I picked up mine at Home Depot.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
A light wiping on wood and metal with Snake Oil will really make a difference in the whole gun. I keep my Snake Oil rag in a zip lock bag, and wipe all my guns down with it. Add a few drops once in awhile to keep the rag working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts