Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many of you remember condition 1 posting about an 1894SS that he ran across. He was extremely nice and fixed me up with the number to the shop where he saw it. 535$ later this beauty was on its way to the hills of North Alabama. I had just paid 925$ a week earlier to a member here for the exact same gun. Thanks again Condition 1.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You're welcome. :biggrin:

Now if I can sell my 1894S I'll be in good shape.

Your 1894SS was a good looking gun in the store and it cycled pretty smoothly
don't you think?

·
Super Moderator
13,975 Posts
Very nice. That sounds like a great deal you got $535.00, that's a big time discount. The boys look like they should be ready to take them over before long.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Just curious as to what recoil pad you have on the other 1894SS?

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
You have two 357 stainless Marlin's? Is one for each kid or is one a shooter and one an investment?:tee: Are the other two blued ones chambered in 357? Very nice rifles!!

James

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The two stainless are 44 mags. The two blued are 357s. I am collecting for my children's future. They can do with them what they want to when I am dead and gone lol. I have 3 sons. Each boy has a 10-22, each will get a Remington wingmaster, each will get an ar-15, each will get a pistol caliber marlin with matching smith and wesson revolver and I hope each gets a savage rifle/shotgun combo. I feel like the time is coming when they may need them. I am also going to forbid each one from ever purchasing from an ffl. These boys will not have a paper trail like a few of my guns do. I love God, my family, and the USA. I hope for our future but prepare for the worst.

·
Premium Member
17,107 Posts
Hey Bar,

Great looking boys, with their fine Marlins!

Congratulations!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Bar7mag

·
Registered
924 Posts
Awesome!

I'm doung much the same with my three boys (9,7,4). I've put together three sets of Ithaca 37's from one year for each of them (1952, 1948, 1951) in 12,16, and 20. I still need two 12's though. Then there's the .22's they have, and the Marlin lever guns..... 2 30-30 336's, a 35 Rem 336SC, and an 1894 .357 all pre safety. I sure hope your boys, and mine appreciate what we've done. I fear they'll need them more than we.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hey Bar7mag, Im here in N Alabama too. Ive got girls, Grandaughters to be exact. Im doing the same thing with them. Collecting up guns for them. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
924 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Awesome!

I'm doung much the same with my three boys (9,7,4). I've put together three sets of Ithaca 37's from one year for each of them (1952, 1948, 1951) in 12,16, and 20. I still need two 12's though. Then there's the .22's they have, and the Marlin lever guns..... 2 30-30 336's, a 35 Rem 336SC, and an 1894 .357 all pre safety. I sure hope your boys, and mine appreciate what we've done. I fear they'll need them more than we.
Your dad sounds like a man of impeccable tastes!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Bar7mag, Im here in N Alabama too. Ive got girls, Grandaughters to be exact. Im doing the same thing with them. Collecting up guns for them. Keep up the good work.
Oh Man I hope my boys wind up with a great gal someday. Maybe they will find one of your girls someday and treat them like I am teaching them to treat ladies.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Bar7mag: Great looking guns and sure your boy's will be very happy when they become there's.

A question of you if I may, I'm interested in the finish on your stocks, on both the stainless?
they sure do set off the guns appearance, I'm looking to finish one on mine in a similar fashion.
but don't no what to use at this point.

cajunjohn

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.