Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my glock 17 and 26 for a while and have nothing bad to say. I completed the trilogy tonight with a 19 I got a good deal on from a buddy. I know they are plastic but I like them and they have always worked for me.

The three cousins

The new addition

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
I bought and sold many Glocks over the years, just couldn't get past that plastic gun thing (always been a blue steel and walnut kind of cowboy)

after many years, I finally woke up one day and realized, that these firearms have been tortured tested by almost every military in the world, selected by numerous countries and police agencies thru out the world have put them thru similar tests for function, accuracy and reliability, 60% of them selected Glock over others, must be a good gun. I now own four (19, 20, 23 & 31)

the only complaint that I have, is that they are UGLY, but they are accurate and reliable

congrats on the trifecta of Glocks

I would recommend Glocks to anyone wanting a highly accurate and dependable handgun for self defense and recreational shooting

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Very nice set of pistols. Now beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or sometimes in the hands of a well trained operator, and those are beautyfull.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I wouldn't never claim that they are as beautiful as a nice revolver or a finely tuned 1911. But I think there is beauty in their function. They are good pistols. Now to descide, do I keep the 17 or trade it for a larger framed revolver or something. Hahe decisions decisions.

·
Premium Member
12,130 Posts
I bought and sold many Glocks over the years, just couldn't get past that plastic gun thing (always been a blue steel and walnut kind of cowboy)

after many years, I finally woke up one day and realized, that these firearms have been tortured tested by almost every military in the world, selected by numerous countries and police agencies thru out the world have put them thru similar tests for function, accuracy and reliability, 60% of them selected Glock over others, must be a good gun. I now own four (19, 20, 23 & 31)

the only complaint that I have, is that they are UGLY, but they are accurate and reliable

congrats on the trifecta of Glocks

I would recommend Glocks to anyone wanting a highly accurate and dependable handgun for self defense and recreational shooting
I agree. I don't own one but my son wanted nothing else. Well I shoot his Glock 19 better than my 45 M&P or my Shield 9. The trigger on his stock Glock just feels better to me than the 45 M&P I have.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have been shooting the .40S&W in the model 23 (same frame as the 19) for going on 10 years or better in USPSA, steel plate, and Glock style matches. I estimate the round count to be in the upper teens or lower 20s. Only one firearm failure in all that time. The slide stop spring (looks like a small bobby pin) broke. I now change the spring out on all my glocks every Christmas as a precaution even though I may never break another. Part is pretty cheap and I order a dozen at a time to defray shipping costs. The only other failure was trigger actuator induced. I had just shot a 3 gun western match and, out of habit, raised my thumb to cock the hammer when I fired. Haven't done that again, once is enough.

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Thanks guys. I wouldn't never claim that they are as beautiful as a nice revolver or a finely tuned 1911. But I think there is beauty in they function. They are good pistols. Now to descide, do I keep the 17 or trade it for a larger framed revolver or something. Hahe decisions decisions.
I too, believe they are great handguns,

I would keep the model 17 and just save my money to buy a larger frame something of your choice, if you trade the 17, you will just want it back later

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah thats what I'm afraid of haha.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
For someone into Glocks, if more power is the goal? Consider, you probably have, a Glock 20, with a aftermarket 6 inch or so Wolf or other barrel, and stiffer recoil springs, get ya kinda close to a 41 Mag in performance. I used to drag all kinds of pistols and revolvers through the woods and CCW, found Nirvana with a Glock 29.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Nice Trifecta!
I agree they are a good gun for sure.!
I bought the 27 and.a month or so after bought the 23.

I'm thinking of sending the 23 to Robar for some grip mod work. I will also add a G20SF to the Family soon I hope.

ENJOY!
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't mind being seen with them :biggrin: . I don't have to worry bout girlfriends anymore though. I is married :biggrin:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have definitely thought of getting a 45 and/or 10mm glock on way more than one occasion. I guess I will get them someday.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
poneycarman, as you can tell by my screen name I'm into Glocks. I not only shoot them but when I was a Mo. State Park Ranger I was also a Glock trained armorer. They are simple and pretty rugged, the factory took one off the production line, went to in house range, plan was to shoot it to destruction. 300,000 rounds the gun was still shooting tite enough groups that it could have gone out the door to be sold. I think the only problem was like yours the slide lock lever spring had to be replaced, not bad at all. I have two personal Glocks a Model 23 and a 21SF both good shooters. They shoot better than I can hold them a younger shooter with better eyes would do lots better. Take care, enjoy the three cousins, John.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. I have had only one malfunction with any of my glocks. It was with the little 26. I believe it was caused by the use of my 17rnd mag in it. I believe I put too much pressure on the exposed mag. After that one malfunction it has never happened again, but I have made sure not to squeeze on the end of the mag.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Anyone ever have any work done to their Glock by Robar? Not hijacking just thought I'd ask being its a popular post here :)

Thanks
BloodGroove4570

·
Banned
766 Posts
Thanks guys. I wouldn't never claim that they are as beautiful as a nice revolver or a finely tuned 1911. But I think there is beauty in their function. They are good pistols. Now to descide, do I keep the 17 or trade it for a larger framed revolver or something. Hahe decisions decisions.
Since I moved to Montana 3 yo ago, I only carry a 45acp or a 44Mag. I just love my Ruger Alaskan and my S&W 629. I will sometime carry the 9mm in the winter when the bears are hybernating, but all other times it is the big bores. All gun people must have a revolver in the collection, and 44s are the gold standard for accuracy and power.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry bloodgroove never have seen any work from them.

Montanamarlin I already have two revolvers in the collection but they are both small cwp size. Have had a hankering for a larger framed 357 or 44. Also have been dreaming of a nice single action Blackhawk for a while. Just haven't had anything jump out at me yet haha.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I've only traded off two handguns I've owned,
A cap and ball revolver and a Glock..
I sure miss the revolver!

Did buy another Glock later. A 30sf, not bad as a carry gun.

Reactions: ponycarman
1 - 20 of 35 Posts