Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any college football fans around?

Practice starts, for most teams, this week.

Which conference wins the title this year under the new playoff format?

Which four teams make the first playoff?

Which will be the strongest Conference in the land this season?

How do you see your team doing?

Who are some players or teams you are looking forward to watching this season?

What big games are you most looking forward to this season?

Who plays the toughest schedule in the country this season?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Outdoor Forums mobile app

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
I love college sports with college football being at the top of the list. I am a life long Gator fan and have either lived and/or worked in Gainesville Florida all 55 years here on earth. My office is only a mile from the Swamp and I have had season tickets for 35 years.

wurf.jpg chris.jpg Tebow.jpg

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gators are going to be much improved this year, especially if Driskle can stay healthy. Tough schedule though. Maybe the best secondary in the conference. Defense should be very good.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Much amp and the Gators due with Bama, LSU, UGA, USC and FSU. I'm not sure another team in the country has five preseason Top Ten teams on their schedule.

I like what UF's new OC did while he was up at Duke working with David Cutcliff.

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
I agree with everything you said. They can be much improved and still have a losing season if they don't catch some breaks. It is going to be hard to win the East with South Carolina being in great shape and UGA having the easiest road as always. I would think Tennessee would improve some as well but not sure they have the players yet. Florida will be strong on the defense again but they have a lot to prove on offence. So who is your team? South Carolina or Clemson? I feel like I ask you that before year but can't remember past yesterday.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
being from SOONER LAND has nothing to do with this projection....Oklahoma goes undefeated and meets either the SEC or the Pac 12 in the title game....you heard it here first...:biggrin:...

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
being from SOONER LAND has nothing to do with this projection....Oklahoma goes undefeated and meets either the SEC or the Pac 12 in the title game....you heard it here first...:biggrin:...
Not sure if Bobby can win the big one. He keeps jawing about beating Alabama and Nick Satan in the Sugar bowl last year. He needs to win one that counts first.:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
25,169 Posts
I love watching SEC football but I am originally from out west. There is nothing like watching great SEC games with no team to root for--I just enjoy each great game as it happens. I root for Boise State and University of Washington but rarely get to see them play.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with everything you said. They can be much improved and still have a losing season if they don't catch some breaks. It is going to be hard to win the East with South Carolina being in great shape and UGA ....

So who is your team? South Carolina or Clemson? I feel like I ask you that before year but can't remember past yesterday.
Gamecocks all the way and then some!

Yeah, SEC football is fun. I've been to The Swamp seven times in the past 24 years ... it's always a good place to visit.

Spurrier is the man up here of course. He thinks he has a good team again this year I think ... or else he wouldn't be talking so much and taking jabs at Saban.

We're picked to win the East this year, I wish we weren't. I'd rather we play the underdog role but I suppose we have to take it as a compliment especially after losing guys to the draft like Clowney plus losing Shaw and Ellington and the other four.

We were the youngest team in the country last year so we return 85% of last year's team, the most in the country, but we go on the road to Auburn and The Swamp plus to the taterheads' place up in Clempsin.

We're loaded, especially on the offensive line ... but we're fairly deep and talented everywhere except at cornerback ... where I think y'all are the strongest. I really like that kid Hargrave.

The Swamp will be crazy as always when Spurrier returns. I'm worried about that game because your Gators are going to be vastly improved and I think that game will determine The East and who goes to Atlanta.

Spurrier is putting together maybe his best recruiting class ever again SC - it's rated #2 right behind Obama's at the moment. We'll see where it finishes come Signing Day.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love watching SEC football but I am originally from out west. There is nothing like watching great SEC games with no team to root for--I just enjoy each great game as it happens. I root for Boise State and University of Washington but rarely get to see them play.
I've followed Boise State a lot ... we used to play y'all from time to time. The last time was cancelled because of 9/11.

Y'all open with Ole Miss this year right? That oughta be a good game. Ole Miss thinks they have a good team this year.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's been fun watching Stoops take jabs at the SEC and Saban in particular. Saban and Bama let the Conference down in the Sugar Bowl. Saban should have never made the consolation game comment. Believe me Bama fans have been catching-it from the rest of the SEC because of that whoopin' the Sooners put on the Tide.

·
Super Moderator
17,255 Posts
I'm An Oregon Duck Fan And My Lady Is An Auburn Tiger Fan. You Can Guess what It Was Like At Our House A Couple Of Years Ago...

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Go Huskers!

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
Gamecocks all the way and then some!

Yeah, SEC football is fun. I've been to The Swamp seven times in the past 24 years ... it's always a good place to visit.

Spurrier is the man up here of course. He thinks he has a good team again this year I think ... or else he wouldn't be talking so much and taking jabs at Saban.

We're picked to win the East this year, I wish we weren't. I'd rather we play the underdog role but I suppose we have to take it as a compliment especially after losing guys to the draft like Clowney plus losing Shaw and Ellington and the other four.

We were the youngest team in the country last year so we return 85% of last year's team, the most in the country, but we go on the road to Auburn and The Swamp plus to the taterheads' place up in Clempsin.

We're loaded, especially on the offensive line ... but we're fairly deep and talented everywhere except at cornerback ... where I think y'all are the strongest. I really like that kid Hargrave.

The Swamp will be crazy as always when Spurrier returns. I'm worried about that game because your Gators are going to be vastly improved and I think that game will determine The East and who goes to Atlanta.

Spurrier is putting together maybe his best recruiting class ever again SC - it's rated #2 right behind Obama's at the moment. We'll see where it finishes come Signing Day.

SOS is the man here at UF also and always will be with the long time Gators. I remember him playing with the 49ers and then the Tampa at the end of his pro playing days.

When football starts back in a few weeks visit Gatorcountry.com their Swampgas forum is free and I hang out there some under Golphingator. Most there are friendly enough.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
stoops took the sooners to a national title a few years back...only the one though....still not bad...then one more this year...that'll be 2....we have a QB this year...look for some points on the board...BOOMER SOONER....

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SOS is the man here at UF also and always will be with the long time Gators. I remember him playing with the 49ers and then the Tampa at the end of his pro playing days.

When football starts back in a few weeks visit Gatorcountry.com their Swampgas forum is free and I hang out there some under Golphingator. Most there are friendly enough.
I've known Ray Hines for years. He and I used to own SECNation together back in the day.

I've been a member there for awhile ... probably since he launched the new forums right after we sold-out and left Scout.

Ray is a good guy.

I post in Swamp Gas as Rooster from time to time. Look me up.

Ray has the best independent forum on the Internet ... the largest too. He's a genius at site development, especially PHP. He's done very very well as an independent. His premium subscriber base is huge.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go Huskers!
That dang Bo Pelini is a crazy man. We faced y'all in the Cap One Bowl a few years ago and after we won Pelini said Nebraska was still the better team .... it did not endear him to Gamecock fans.

I still think that Osborne led team in '95 with Tommy Fraiser and Lawrence Phillips may have been the greatest team in college football history.

I remember the two games SC and Nebraska played in the 80s were both slugfests. That '87 game at y'all's place was epic. Great fans too. Total respect for the Husker program.

How's life in the B1G?

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
stoops took the sooners to a national title a few years back...only the one though....still not bad...then one more this year...that'll be 2....we have a QB this year...look for some points on the board...BOOMER SOONER....
Stoops and Spurrier are still good friends from their UF days. Big Game Bob comes to Columbia for visits and dinner from time to time.

I remember in late '98 when we were trying to hire Stoops at SC and he took the Oklahoma job instead ... can't blame him. So we hired Lou Holtz.

Things always workout in the end.

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
Gallo it was not very nice to bring up the 95 Nebraska team with a Gator fan lurking around. I would like to think that Nebraska team may have been one of the all time best. They sure looked like it the way the beat a very good undefeated Gator team that's for sure. Man that was as bad a beat down as anyone would ever want to see.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm An Oregon Duck Fan And My Lady Is An Auburn Tiger Fan. You Can Guess what It Was Like At Our House A Couple Of Years Ago...
The Ducks should make the playoffs this year.

I've got the playoffs picked as follows ...

PAC12 - Oregon
Big 12 - Oklahoma
SEC Champ (Bama, Auburn, South Carolina, LSU, Georgia with Florida as my dark horse)
ACC - FSU

I've got the B1G being left-out unless they take the Big 12's spot by virtue of them playing a conference championship game which the B12 doesn't. But if Oklahoma goes undefeated it'll be a moot point.

Does Oklahoma and FSU play during the regular season this year? I thought I read somewhere that FSU was a big favorite in that game? Maybe not. Maybe it was Okie St I was thinking about?

UF could upset FSU in that final regular season game to knock the ACC champ outta the playoff too and make room for the B1G champ who I think might be Mich State.

Mark Dantonio at Mich State is an old Gamecock and he's got'em playin' ball up there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.