Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a historic season - the very first D1 College Football Playoffs. Four teams are gonna get invited to participate.

Predict your four. We'll see who comes the closest at the end of the season and I'll come-up with a prize for the winner.

All predictions have to be in before 1800 hrs Thursday the 28th of August.

Name them in order of seeding. We'll use seeding order for any tiebreakers.

1 plays 4 in the first round and 2 plays 3.

The two winners of those games play for the National Championship.

The computers have been taken out of the selection process, it will be done by committee. (College Football Playoff)

So who are the four teams you believe will have good enough seasons to be selected to participate in the first ever NCAA D1 College Football Playoff?

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
1. Florida State
2. LSU
3. UCLA
4. Michigan State

Florida State over Michigan State
UCLA over LSU

UCLA over Florida State for title

And it pains me to say this!

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Florida
2. Florida State
3. Michigan State
4. Oregon

Florida BUTT STOMPS (Free Seafood University) for the second time in the same season for the National Championship!

Please oh please oh please beat FSU this year Gators!

texas
texas
texas
texas NOT!
ALABAMA
LSU
FLORIDA STATE
OKLAHOMA
WHATS YOURS GALLO?
Well, FSU is almost a shoe-in with their ACC schedule. So that's a safe pick.

1. FSU

South Carolina is picked to win the Eastern Division of the SEC ... I hope that's not a jinx. If we can get to Atlanta I like our chances against anybody in the West but LSU.

2. South Carolina

Ohio State lost their QB so I took them off my bracket. I like Michigan State, coached by former Gamecock DB Mark Dantonio, but I am not sure the B1G will rate a team this year. It's really hard to tell what MSU and Wisconsin have. I'd like for Michigan to win the B1G but I think they are still a year or two away.

Oklahoma is the obvious pick from the Big 12. They've got the schedule plus they do not have to play a conference championship game like everybody else does so ...

3. Oklahoma

The PAC 12 is strong this year. Could be Oregon. Could be UCLA. Could be Stanford. If I roll the dice it probably comes-up Oregon so ...

4. Oregon

My seeding, for tie breaker purposes, is ...

1. FSU (Undefeated)
2. Oregon (Undefeated)
3. Oklahoma (Undefeated)
4. South Carolina (1 loss)

Prediction:

South Carolina beats FSU
Oregon beats Oklahoma

South Carolina vs Oregon for the National Championship.

It's a homer pick, I know, but I am an admitted homer and my Gamecocks are loaded this year and the HBC is due.

South Carolina has a tough schedule. Opens Thursday vs A&M, two weeks later vs Georgia. Has to go on the road to Auburn, Florida and Clemson. It's a very tough schedule, but doable for this team I think. They cannot afford to lose at Florida or Clemson late in the season because the voters are going to punish any SEC team with a late loss - but the SEC Champion will still get invited with only one or two losses regardless I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.