Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the news tonight in nsw, coalition for gun control calling for ban on semi auto pistols again. Their reason this time is new data shows a link of high concentrations of legal firearms ( not pistols) in suburbs that have high levels of illegal firearms use and they are worried that people are arming themselves for self protection ( didn't know we could do that in Oz- thought the cops are supposed to save us)
So by banning semi auto pistols they believe the public won't be able to protect themselves and no crims will get injured while carrying out their home invasions, rape or murder :hmmmm:
These nutter's will never be happy until the only guns are in the hands of the criminals or the government

·
Registered
21,083 Posts
Sounds like our politicians are lookin' at the same play book bcjol! Take the guns out of the hands of the law abidin' citizens and not allow them to protect themselves! God forbid you hurt someone hell bent on hurtin' YOU!

Reactions: bcjol and whiskers

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
As with all anti-gun shrills, they are either misinformed, stupid, or manipulative outright liars. In any case, they are an enemy wherever they are found.

Reactions: bcjol and whiskers

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
On the news tonight in nsw, coalition for gun control calling for ban on semi auto pistols again. Their reason this time is new data shows a link of high concentrations of legal firearms ( not pistols) in suburbs that have high levels of illegal firearms use and they are worried that people are arming themselves for self protection ( didn't know we could do that in Oz- thought the cops are supposed to save us)
So by banning semi auto pistols they believe the public won't be able to protect themselves and no crims will get injured while carrying out their home invasions, rape or murder :hmmmm:
These nutter's will never be happy until the only guns are in the hands of the criminals or the government
Brett WHO do THE COALITION FOR GUN CONTROL think they are and how many members do they have. How come its the minority groups that get all the earhole here and us TOTALLY LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS (because we have to be) have to put up with their crap every time our so called GOVERNMENT release a new set of numbers. What's our country becoming.

Google coalition for gun control and go to "The Farce of the National Coalition For Gun Control". An interesting read even if its a three years old

GUS

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
our President applauded the Austrailian gun confiscation (when was that) held it up as the right thing to do....in any civilized country...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes all law abiding Australian gun owners gave up their rabbit guns years back, I didn't see any drug addicts or Middle East gang members surrendering their illegal unlicensed firearms. There has been a rapid increase in gun violence with our changing demographic makeup especially in Western Sydney. They took our guns because we can't be trusted yet there's little punishment for those who disregard the law.
Fella up the valley from me took a couple of shots at the police when he got raided for growing pot, he was let out the next day because it wasn't his fault he had an illegal gun and shot at police - he was having an episode on methodone while trying to kick his heroine habit. Lucky he wasn't an honest citizen otherwise he'd have been locked up and lost his guns for 10years

Furlong222 I do appreciate your post, just didn't think it appropriate to 'like it'

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
I completely understand....but what happened in your country ?? I have been participating in and watching some of the threads from "down under" and have a decent understanding of the hoops you have to jump thru...what exactly happened and when was it??

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Port Arthur massacre (Australia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This was the catalyst for our new gun laws, fella was a known nutter yet was allowed access to a semi auto firearms, the police and politicians weren't held accountable but law abiding gun owners were blamed*
Unfortunately in Oz we don't have a bill of rights so following this politicians found easy votes by making a stand and taking guns of law abiding shooters while not addressing the fact the guy was a nutter- it wasn't his fault it was the guns

Here's a couple of songs on the subject by Steve Lee - little Johnny at the end of the first was our prime minister at the time, coincidently Obama makes an appearance as well back in 2010

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1geyoxeifk0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGtkYC0RjHY

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Brett WHO do THE COALITION FOR GUN CONTROL think they are and how many members do they have. How come its the minority groups that get all the earhole here and us TOTALLY LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS (because we have to be) have to put up with their crap every time our so called GOVERNMENT release a new set of numbers. What's our country becoming.

Google coalition for gun control and go to "The Farce of the National Coalition For Gun Control". An interesting read even if its a three years old

GUS
That was a good read Gus. Thanks for putting me onto it.

The link for anyone else is; Shooters and Fishers - News - The farce of the National Coalition for Gun Control

cheers, curan

Reactions: whiskers

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Been thinking of applying for a permit to carry for selfdefense. 0% of getting it,but if I or a family member was injured in an assault etc,it would make an interesting lawsuit against the govt,holding them responsible for not allowing me the right of selfdefense. We have got to start somewhere.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I thought Australia had a conservative government or at least PM now(?) I would think that it would have gone the other way with the woman PM gone.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
have tried to post a reply...unable...if this one posts it would appear that we are being edited...

Hey furlong, do you want to share with us why you think you were edited or censored?

Mark.

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
thank you for the information. it is not unlike our circumstances here...glad we have a "Bill of Rights" or the US would have far more draconian gun laws. quite possibly a complete ban.

as I write this the US is being invaded by the paramiltary gangs and cartels from our south. murder and beheadings are constantly moving further north from our barder. The muslims have at least 16 bases within the country - described as religious conclaves.

If we were not an armed society they would already be in control, fighting amongst themselves to divvy up the nation.

our founding fathers foresaw and described this situation.

"those that forge their weapons into plowshares will plow for those that do not"

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
I thought Australia had a conservative government or at least PM now(?) I would think that it would have gone the other way with the woman PM gone.

No conservatives here at all. Two major parties, one slightly more liberal than the other, all halfwits.:(

Mark.

Reactions: whiskers and Macoz

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
since the last post happened I suppose I did something wrong with the first two...though I never had a problem B4...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I like Macoz idea about permit to carry , if people can sue our government for trying to illegally enter the country and drowning on an unsafe overloaded boat in rough seas and us failing to save them, surely we have grounds to sue for being refused the right of self protection. Might gain some extra attention but if you sent in that permit

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.