Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned earlier, our club is forming a youth .22 rifle team that will meet monthly and practice Three Position rifle shooting, prone sitting and offhand. The goal is to train up these youth to compete amongst themselves and other teams.

I was looking at the CZ 452 Military Trainer, but bought a Marlin 925 and compared it to the CZ accuracy wise, and found it to be so close in accuracy to the CZ that it would be foolish to pay twice the money to equip the team with rifles that it would take years for them to find the difference in accuracy. Price for the CZ 452's would have been $365 each, Marlin 925's were $175.

The Marlins like Federal 550 Bulk ammo, and with it will deliver 1.5" groups at 50 yards with the iron sights. Plenty accurate for youth shooting.

So, we purchased five rifles, eight shooting mats and 40 pieces of 4" steel. The steel will be for fun shooting after some serious paper punching practice, with the steel I can make up all kind of gun games, team events, Biathlon (running and bicycle), etc. Kids just love shooting steel.

I'll provide three more rifles from my collection to make up enough gear for eight shooters on the line at a time.

Here's some pics:

Marlin 925 with steel targets and Federal 500 bulk ammo:

"Rack Of Club rifles!"

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Don't know if you have any lefties, but if you do you might want to throw in a CZ 452 left hander. I just picked one up a few months ago and think it is a fantastic little rifle.

Pretty cool, anyway, we need this kind of thing to be more common ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts