Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a heads up if you’re considering booking a hog hunt (or bison,elk,sheep,etc) Clovercreekranch. Save yourself the headache and don’t.

They double booked my confirmed hunt day which caused me to lose 2 days of elk hunting in Montana and now require another 10 hour roundtrip and hotel stay to go a month later for my rescheduled hunt. They refused to refund my money, so I accepted a counter offer of a token $200 to at least partially offset my extra costs. The promised $200 has still not been paid 2 months after my successful hunt despite numerous promises and dozens of calls/texts/emails from me, most of which were ignored. Buyer beware!

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio.

So who do you recommend as an outfitter in Montana?

Reactions: cajun56 and moofy07

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To clarify, I was actually there for a Bison harvest although they have hogs too which is why I posted in this thread. Sounds like most of you are smart enough to not "Hunt" there anyway. :) This was not hunting like I'm used to when you drive out into the field and shoot a bull. ;) For me it was just an alternative to buying a grass fed cow that allowed me to be at least a little more involved with the process of putting healthy meat in my freezer.

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
I think the more challenging hunts at these places is when the hog is tied to the tree with a rope over 10' long.:wink:
I call the hog ranch style of hunting grocery shopping not hunting.
Hunting to me implies 'fair chase'.
Nothing wrong with grocery shopping for pork that is so fresh it's still alive.
Everybody to their own.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Harald

File a written complaint with your State Attorney General. They will continue to rip people off until the long arm of the LAW comes down on them.

Don't let them get away with it.

Mike T.

Reactions: pricedo and 1956CJ5
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.