Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a clip for a Marlin 979 m2 rifle 22LR

I have tried a variety of companies. So far no luck. >>Numerage, Jack First, Wisners, Marlin -don't even have part number, Midway USA, Brown Ells.

I would appreciate any help you can give.

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. You should try ebay if you have exhausted all other options. You will find 7 and 10 round magazines there. If you type Marlin 989M2 in the search bar, you will have a good selection to choose from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I talked to Marlin, they said 989 wouldn't fit. ???? I have no clue. If it will fit, then I would certainly get one. I have called quite a few places. Some did have the 989... but Marlin had said it wouldn't fit. Will it fit? Thank you so much for your help.

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
I have never heard of a 979M2, and when googled returns nothing. I figured it was a typo in your post. Take a picture (close up) of the rollmark on your rifle that reads 979M2 and post it here for us to see. The folks at Marlin, aren't really Marlin folks!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I need a clip for a Marlin 979 m2 rifle 22LR

I have tried a variety of companies. So far no luck. >>Numerage, Jack First, Wisners, Marlin -don't even have part number, Midway USA, Brown Ells.

I would appreciate any help you can give.
pics!!! pics!!! pics!!! 989 m2 sounds more like it.. barrel pics of the stamping please

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I just bought a set of 2 new in package 989 M2 magazines from E-bay and paid $15 apiece including shipping. The same seller has groups from 1 to 5 with free shipping. It was the best price I could find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased a ProMag for a Marlin 795 its a 25 round Black Polymer. It works fine in my 989m2 but I would like to fine a speed loader for it! I have heard the Baby UpLula will work but I have one and the length of the UpLula is not long enough. So if you find one or if anyone does please let me know! Also this outfit sells them. Marlin 25N 25NM 70HC, 880, 880SQ, 925, 925C, 980S 980V, 995 989 989M2 magazine

Thanks Greg12

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have found that most all of the Marlin clips are interchangeable. I have several different models and have yet to find one different.
Of course there is always an exception to any rule.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts