1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Renegade87 said:
Thanks so much RR! You are always so helpful. The description says that the highest bore brush in the kit is a .40 cal. Does that pose any problems or do you not even use a bore brush? Sorry for the newbie questions :)

;D I forgot about that...you can buy a 45 caliber bore brush separately, all other needed stuff is in the kit.

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Renegade87 said:
RR is there a thread on here anywhere that explains a thorough cleaning process? I found the disassembly threads and I believe I have that part down. I just need sort of a step by step, I know it doesn't need to be completely cleaned too often, I just want to since it's been on the shelves for awhile. Piece of mind I suppose. Also, when do I use the Hoppe's as opposed to the BF?
Follow the instructions that come with the kit...

Use the Hoppes at least once a year (very thorough cleaning...I usually do this after hunting season is over), all other times just use the CLP because its not as hard on the barrel steel.

I've never used the stuff that came with those kits...its probably decent stuff though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.