Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted a period correct scope for my 1958 39A. Found a decent Weaver B4 for $20. Had a heck of a time getting the objective lens unscrewed to clean, had to use heat. Glass cleaned up great. Nice and clear, everything in focus. These scopes are worth grabbing, just bought a clean Weaver C4 for $3!
Looks right on the old girl, thanks to the MG member who had the correct mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Beautiful! I love keeping the rifle and scope period correct. I have a G4 on my 47' 39A. As long as the glass and eye relief are good, you will hit what the crosshairs are on at 50-100 yards. Those weavers are becoming collector items too, like the G4's, C4's and B4's!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Good looking rig, congrats on a nice setup!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am in the process of scoping a Mountie I bought a couple of weeks ago At the gunshop it had some cheap scope on it and I had them take it off, got about a $30 reduction in price. I had a home a couple of vintage Weaver K series scopes, a K 2.5 and K 3, one with post and crosshair, the other with German #3. The rifle had an original steel Marlin tip off mount.. I had some low Lyman QRW rings which with and adapter works good, but I also want a Lyman 66 receiver sight. The Lyman fits, barely without a aperture insert, so I orderd a set of med and high rings to see which will work best. Even though it is a 1" scope tube, being a straight tube scope it does not look so large as to overwhelm the rifle.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Wanted a period correct scope for my 1958 39A. Found a decent Weaver B4 for $20. Had a heck of a time getting the objective lens unscrewed to clean, had to use heat. Glass cleaned up great. Nice and clear, everything in focus. These scopes are worth grabbing, just bought a clean Weaver C4 for $3!
Looks right on the old girl, thanks to the MG member who had the correct mount.
Obviously, you're an intelligent person. I try to scope period correct, and gloss made in the USA only if period timeline fails. If I had seen a matte Asian made Vortex on that 39A, I would have lost a lot of respect for you and your rifle. You did good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts